ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery advice

S13
My battery's knackered after going flat various times when I've been installing ice, I thought I might as well replace it with a 'big' battery like an Optima or something, the one problem being I don't want to pay more than £100 for it.

Can I use a cheaper 'leisure' battery as my normal battery? You can pick up batteries that bang out 100a for sort of £50 odd quid, is that ok?

Basically I want a battery with a larger capacity or.. larger output (can you guess I've no idea what I'm talking about) but I don't want to shell out the coin for an Optima yellow top. Advice please?

Cheers,

Rob.

S13
Yeah I did consider that but how difficult is installing a split charge system? Ideally I'd like not to bother but if it's the only decent way of doing it then yeah I guess I'll give it a go.