ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery changeover

I'm going to change the knackered battery in my mk2 for a new one tomorrow, before I do though is there anything I should be aware of? Or is it just a case of old one out, new one in?

Also, how do I go about getting the disc-like clamp off the positive terminal on the old battery? I haven't actually attempted it yet for fear of buggering it up.

ta

Ph2 172
When removing old, disconnect the negative/earth first.

When refitting new, Connect the Neg/earth last.

cheers fellas - that was a hell of a lot easier than I thought it'd be. I didn't have to bother with a radio code thankfully, as I've got my own head unit in there.

One thing though, the new battery is in, but its pretty loose. I put it in exactly the reverse way the old one came out, yet there is a lot of play. I wouldn't want to take it for a drive yet. There's a bracket underneath the battery (near the fusebox) that looks like it'll hold it down, but I can't figure out how..

Clio 182
The front of the battery fits under the lip at the front edge, and the rear bracket with the 13mm/Torx bolt into it clamps the rear bottom front edge of the battery.

Could be the wrong size, do you have photos?

Laters, D.

cliosport_battery.jpg

1998 BMW e46 323i
yeah, to the right of the battery there's a clamp, like you say. It slides into the bottom lip on the battery and you tighten it up to secure.

Clio 182
That's the badger.

If when you tighten it up it doesn't clamp the battery, then the new battery is the wrong size unfortunately.

D.

hmm, the clamp is a kind of S-shaped bracket is it not? As I'm having real difficulty tightening it up to the battery.

It is the correct battery and the same as the one that came out; 063.