ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery dead AND emergency key won't turn

I've had my car standing for a long while away from home so as expected, it's totally dead. It's a 2006 Dynamique on a keycard and that doesn't work either, assumedly as no signal from the car. I tried the emergency key in the passenger door and for some reason it won't turn either way???

Does anyone know how I can get into the car so I can pop the bonnet and charge the battery up please?

Thanks so much for any help, I'm moving house tomorrow so having a bit of a 'mare :(

That's what I meant, there is an emergency key in the keyfob, but it won't turn in the passenger door. No other keys aside this one

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
thats odd. The wifes Megane has the same, and it turns the lock. Although the first time we used it it was bloody stiff.

Try spraying some wd40 into the lock? Sorry im not being much help. :(

No that's a good idea, will try WD40 first and hope it's just really stiff (well my brother will as he's near the car)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Jack car up. With a set of jumper leads put a positive on the starter motor positive connection, then the negative to earth on the chassis. Voila, power.