ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery for racing in cscc tintops

Clio 172
Hi
going to race in the cscc tintop series next year but have a couple of questions if anyone can help
1. Do I have to move battery from under bonnet
2. Do I need to fit a camera
3. Best place to fit battery cut off switch and fire extinguisher
4. Can I use original stearing wheel

Hi
going to race in the cscc tintop series next year but have a couple of questions if anyone can help
1. Do I have to move battery from under bonnet
2. Do I need to fit a camera
3. Best place to fit battery cut off switch and fire extinguisher
4. Can I use original stearing wheel

1. No.
2. No.
3. Depends on where you are in the country.
4. Yes but you have to remove the airbag, however it's probably best to just buy an aftermarket one which is smaller.

Are you racing by yourself or with another mate? If you're by yourself have a lot at the French Trophy Series ran by Track Attack Race Club, a lot of guys with Clios have gone from CSCC Tintops to this and its a good competitive but respectful series.

Nick

Clio 172
Why does it matter where in the country I am as to your answer to question 3
I live not far from you in Wokingham
i have looked at track attack French and it does appeal to me as the car can stay near enough as standard I believe.
this will be my first time racing for over 20 years so trying not to spend thousands again and just want a fairly affordable race series to race in

I think Nick thought you meant who can install it where I guess from your reply you mean where in the car?

As Nick says French Trophy would get the thumbs up from me over Tintops :)

Yeah join the TARC then if you want cheaper affordable racing, that's what me and 3 others are doing for the first time.

I read number three wrong, place the fire extinguisher on the passenger side floor with one jet facing your feet and the other at the fuel rail.

Cut offs - One within arms reach inside the car, and one outside (be it cut off switch / pull cord to interior cut off) on the scuttle panel.

Clio 172
Ok cheers
just been looking at tarc again and it does sound very affordable
any idea when 2014 registration will be?

182cup & 172 racecar
Ok cheers
just been looking at tarc again and it does sound very affordable
any idea when 2014 registration will be?

Come and join us, it's fun.

Registration won't be for a while yet, we've got this year to finish first.

Oh and welcome. :)

If you want to run near enough standard, then the new Production Cup regs will be sorted soon. These have been ongoing for a little while, and there is some things that need sorting still.

Could be an option for you.