ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery not charging - already replaced alternator!

A'Booo 172
Hi all,

I had to put the catalytic converter back in my clio for the MOT and because I cut mine out, I changed the whole exhaust... When I took the manifold off I dropped it onto the starter motor which caused one heck of a spark (In future I will remember to disconnect the battery, normally a thing I do, but not on this occasion) after that my car hasn't started... So I bought a new Starter motor, but whilst waiting for it I bump started the car to go to the MOT center all appeared to be fine until it conked out, got towed to the garage and they tested it with a voltmeter and said it was my alternator... Bought a new alternator fitted it and I have the same issue!!

Replaced the battery incase of dead cells, same issue...

So before I fit the starter motor that arrived this morning, I thought I would post up my issue to see if there are any solutions to my expensive, annoying problem!

The car is a 1.4 16v 2005 (Don't worry, engine plans coming into action soon)

A'Booo 172
its not out putting any power when we tested the alternator to the battery, the other terminal on the alternator (don't know what its called) is reading an earth is this normal? My neighbour seems to think not, I however am clueless on electrics