ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BATTERY/STOP light flickering

clio182cup, e36compact
First off Hi everyone im new to Clio sport after buying a Blue 182 cup sport on an 05 plate with 53k on the clock.

Whilst driving along i get the stop and battery light coming on simultaneously.

I also have a small noise coming from the engine bay.

I had the car in Renault on Friday as this problem caused me to end up viewing an unintresting game of connect four with my dash lights!

First off the stop and battery sign, followed by the (!) followed by the air bag, service light and the zig zag light.

It then when I pulled over as anyone would, wouldnt re start so out came Green Flag (impressive ten minutes btw)
and off It went to the nearest Renault dealers to my work.

They came back with an hours labour bill after replacing a clip that joins the altenator wire to the altenator and rest the faults on the ECU to normal.

I thought, if its fixed it then whatever its not an arm and a leg!

Turns out they hadnt fixed the problem as they said they had.

Lights still flickering, and when i called they put it down to needing a new altenator?

your views?

Also had a reference note stating that the slight noise from under the bonnett could be a tensioner (http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2685)

Would this be the problem to everything above listed or an additional problem I should see to sooner rather than later?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(BTW: I am not a cheapskate asking for free advice for the recrod, I have just bought my membership incase anyone gets the wrong idea)

Kindest regards

Tom