ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Coilover Kit

ok then ppl, how many of u have this fitted. Im trying to get the best setup (who isnt) and atm its not too bad, but put the power down hard thru corners and the car slides out, and somtimes in tight corners at speed understeer.

think atm ive got about 15 clicks on the back, not too sure on the front, 1 1/2 turns maybe ?

anyone got any suggestions to improve, should the back be stiffer than the front ? the car ride height i hope isnt a problem, its about even front and back, but i dont wanna adjust that too much as the wheels rub the aches else out of T-Junctions :/

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1053975008__Image05.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1053974860__Image05.jpg

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Wider tyres, less roll; more likely to slide. U need ur original size wheels and tyres to combat that but at what sacrifice?

L

liam

well thats the case if the tyres are racer bike thin! with more role and increased slide????

Supposed to be slightly lower at front than the back.

Speak to Adi.. He has Mats Old Valver and that handles mint - doubt you could improve on that easily.

Mines lowered 30-40mm or so at the front and one spline (30mm) at the back on the torsion bar. I used to have 205/45/16 wheels and rubber, but went back to 195/50/15 rubber on some refurbd Phase2 wheels and it handles - no grips - better. Its just a bit more controllable on the limit and you can feel when its about to give away. The grip was either on or off with the bigger wheels and skinnier tyres.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/286000-286999/286766_17_full.jpg

clio 20v

wider tyres have more grip but break away more fiercely

plus they tramline on bumpy roads and really low profile tends to skip and grip cos theres no give in the sidewall

195s are perfect for a valver imo 16s or 15s i cant tell any differance using 195 tyres

i hav my coilover set more or less about the same as you have em, but bit harder on the front than back and the front is lower than the back

the handling was no where near as good on 17s when i had a set on

adi

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Ben, talking from experiance of quite a few wheel and tyre sizes now although all on stock suspension so what difference that makes im not sure.

The 195 15s understeer more so while the 185s dig in and give u more composuring round bends, the 195s slide away cause they reduce body roll i think, kinda like how the Evo handles compared to the Scoobie. I dont like the tramlining the 195s give either. Only IMO but i really believe that u can take a bend quicker (with-out sliding) on the 185s.

Yeah, I had some 185/55/15 tyres on my wheels before I refurbished them and they seemed more ready to give control on the limit than 195 rubber. But then the 195 rubber is better than 205 IMO. The reason I went for 195 tyres is that theres more choice in 15" size and theyre cheaper than either 185 or 205 sizes.

oh well then, seems that ill have to put up with it, not really an issue, only when trying to go round roundabouts tightish it seems to be apparent, not really on the normal road