ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Tuning Group Buy ECU CHIPS

Why dont you just get the Rsport if you cant get a group buy - they are excellent for £250 inc vat & delivery.

will be very similar, and work even better with a filter & zorst than they do when the car is standard.

all ecus based on the standard set-up will be very similar for power / performance...

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 23 June 2005

Why dont you just get the Rsport if you cant get a group buy - they are excellent for £250 inc vat & delivery.

will be very similar, and work even better with a filter & zorst than they do when the car is standard.

all ecus based on the standard set-up will be very similar for power / performance...

/y0z

I thought they didnt make these anymore for the 172 mk1 /mk2? Can you get them Yoz? Also, I seem to remember hearing something about them giving the car a much higher engine idle (1100rpm?). Any ideas if this is true mate?

Cheers,

Darren

get an EPROM reader and copy the data for a std or mapped ECU like the one your talking about and do it that way, the chips and EPROMS cost NOTHING, I cant believe how these sort of chips go for so much its a joke. okay, so someone has mapped them once, but make an absolute killing for what in effect is a cheap 5p chip...

theres a fella by the name of Wayne Schofield or Chip Wizards (http://www.chipwizards.co.uk/http://www.chipwizards.co.uk/) and he charged a friend of mine £350 for a FULL map including the RR time and he reads the ECU data into his laptop and swaps the chip over and maps it to that... the chips cost pennies, its the mapping that costs. £250 for an increased rev limit is a rip off, so its better to copy one imo.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

this is a complete ecu tho mate? would what your talking about control wiper speed etc? or is it just the power side of things? i dont really no what im talking about, just curious!;)

well depends whats on the ECU, Im sure Ben or Andy will be able to confirm this, but on the Willy its an EPROM that does all the engine crap and these can be simply taken out, read in, copied and if your clever enough messed about with. Not sure if its seperate EPROMS for electrics and engine, but it wouldnt matter, as these replacement chips would have to do the lot or would be a seperate chip. To be honest for £100 more you could get a full map anyway.

Flaming Monkey is toying with the idea of copying one of the north west lads Williams ECU and copying it to a blank chip... now this car has been fully mapped for quite a few mods, but the chips your talking about here would be little more than an increased rev limit id imagine... very expensive for what it is.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 23 June 2005Why dont you just get the Rsport if you cant get a group buy - they are excellent for £250 inc vat & delivery.

/y0z

If you reckon they are all very similar in power then why has NOBODY posted up any written proof yet???
Besides this is a thread about a group buy from bb tuning so if you wouldnt mind posting your recommendation of any (inferior)chip/ecu somewhere else please.
This is the original renault sport clio cup race car programme which is flashed onto an ecu chip.
Yoz- being that you are cliosport admin, shouldnt you be encouraging these things instead of sending people elsewhere for your own personal gain?

Thanks

[Edited by jph172 on 6/23/2005 9:27:05 PM]

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 24 June 2005power from chips is bullsh*t IMO, you want driveability

I totally agree.
Just need to get it across to people who think that this group buy is a waste of time unless their goin to see sh*tloads of extra bhp from it!
Of course that just wont happen. Its all about improving the torque so the car pulls better in
every gear.

[Edited by jph172 on 6/24/2005 1:15:11 AM]

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 24 June 2005

and upping the rev limit so you can hold gears for longer (helpful when cornering)
alas we have someone who knows what they are talking about, i suggest people ask BB tuning before saying what they think is involved and get the facts right first

and why do people try taking business away from someone who sponsors this website and go completely off topic, if your interested then post up if your not then f**k off and take your technical bullsh*t to someone who cares

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

ANYWAY- as ive said guys this is a great chance so dont be put off by what you read on here from others.
The guys at bb tuning are experts in their field so please, if you have any questions give them a call :D

Suzuki SV650

Possibly, Ill see how much of a graduate loan I can get and also obviously Ill be looking into other ECUs/Chips/whatever they are all called... before deffo deciding on this one *if I do...*, Im sure thats what other people will be doing before parting with £250/£320, which is why people are asking questions (which are being replied to!)

Steve.

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 23 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 23 June 2005Why dont you just get the Rsport if you cant get a group buy - they are excellent for £250 inc vat & delivery.

/y0z

If you reckon they are all very similar in power then why has NOBODY posted up any written proof yet???
Besides this is a thread about a group buy from bb tuning so if you wouldnt mind posting your recommendation of any (inferior)chip/ecu somewhere else please.
This is the original renault sport clio cup race car programme which is flashed onto an ecu chip.
Yoz- being that you are cliosport admin, shouldnt you be encouraging these things instead of sending people elsewhere for your own personal gain?

Thanks

[Edited by jph172 on 6/23/2005 9:27:05 PM]
bit harsh mate, think Yoz is simply showing people that their are other options so they dont get blinkered into thinking these chips will do much of anything but increase the revs... forget bhp bullsh*t for a second and go off real world tests and youll see that off the shelf chips are nothing more than rev limit increases. FYI the Rsport chips are proven and I dont see what Yoz stands to gain by simply recommending them... :confused: chill out pal...

£250 for a chip offering only 10bhp gain max isnt worth it. I bought a powerchip on my old punto for £180 second hand, they cost about £280 new. I had it RRd before and after and that gave 10bhp increase, from 99bhpto 109 bhp and 10% increase in torque.

That was 10bhp on a 99bhp car and it wasnt massively noticeable, its only the max output which sees +10bhp.

On a 172 imo you would need gains of 20bhp or more for any decent noticeable difference.

Re copying chips - its easy to copy chips but if the chip turns out to mess up the car, you are left with nowhere to complain as they wont be under any kind of warranty.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Understand what you are sayin then speak to somebody who KNOWS what they are really talking about first.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

tbh power increases arent really to go buy its all about better driveability and how the car performs on track/roads, could have 200bhp for all you know and still have a car that idles rough, comes on cam later in the rev range etc etc, by chipping or rather an ecu swap, youll be gaining all round performance through the rev range, ok fuel economy will suffer but that is why you get a car chipped to remove all manufacturer limits for better performance

[Edited by lawrence on 25 June 2005 at 10:46pm]

oh and if you really are worried about power gains i would get a 5-6k loan and get bb tunings turbo conversion, because for £250 you defo will not see a huge gain but you certainly will know the difference

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by soche on 25 June 2005

£250 for a chip offering only 10bhp gain max isnt worth it. I bought a powerchip on my old punto for £180 second hand, they cost about £280 new. I had it RRd before and after and that gave 10bhp increase, from 99bhpto 109 bhp and 10% increase in torque.

That was 10bhp on a 99bhp car and it wasnt massively noticeable, its only the max output which sees +10bhp.

On a 172 imo you would need gains of 20bhp or more for any decent noticeable difference.

Re copying chips - its easy to copy chips but if the chip turns out to mess up the car, you are left with nowhere to complain as they wont be under any kind of warranty.
excuse me? what chip gives u 10bhp on a n/a car, unless its running like a bag of sh*t before hand? do u not think a 182 would just have a better chip than a 172 for £250? WELL THEY DONT. Renault had to change several things to get an extra 10bhp.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Thankyou very much clarkie-that is exactly what needed to be said!
All you keep hearing about is this chip offers this&this chip offers this, but wheres the proof!
There isnt any because its all crap.
I believe that the clio cup race cars are only running at about 190bhp anyway.
But what chances do you really think you have of beating one off the lights??
Ok, i know theres alot of other aspects that come into it, like suspension,the fact the car has a quickshift, it carries hardly any weight compared to a standard 172, plus a few others i cant explain but the drivability is in top form.
This is why THIS is worth £250

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

I,ll have to speak to the guys &find out-obviously the price will go up quite a bit but i was just told not to rush this group buy at all! I will find out for you.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Not too sure, ive spoke to Andy the other day&im possibly goin to pop down there on wednesday so i,ll find out the complete cost.

hang on one page 1 its said this chip is the same as the rsport and that has been proven to do naff all for peak bhp but does give a nicer power curve and higher rev limit

and trust me just because the cup racers use the same map means f**k all the only reasons the move so damn fast is the fact they way less than a soggy paper bag and have a 6 grand sequential very high ratio gearbox