ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BBC Top Gear Clio 182 test video

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by TurkClio182 on 15 August 2004

by the way what do you guys think about the comments they made about the 182? I think he was too harsh about the quality issue. In my opinion the quality is reasonable for a car that price
He was definately being harsh about the build quality, but I think his point was that you wouldnt be able to go any faster for any less cash.

Wicked! Makes me want to part-ex my Mk1 172 and get myself a 182 with the cup packs!

Worth getting slightly into debt for??..... I think so! ;)

i think he was begin harsh, sayin about screw and painted stuff i never seen any painted bits on the inside of mine, and suburas? (spl) have screws showin, and there nothing wrong with the parcel shelf and most of the cars i have seen have the same type of carpet in the BOOT. and the seats they only fall back cos hes a fat b*****d, and i have size 10 feet i can get them on the pedals, i like clarkson but he owns 100k+ cars so he would say stuuf like that bout a 14k car, Rant over lol dave

Quote: Originally posted by Mr172Mk1 on 28 April 2005

Wicked! Makes me want to part-ex my Mk1 172 and get myself a 182 with the cup packs!

Thats what I did. GO FOR IT!!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 28 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Mr172Mk1 on 28 April 2005

Thats what I did. GO FOR IT!!! :D

The more I watch the vid the more I want a 182... going to have to get a test drive I think, will be intrested to see how it feels compared to my Mk1 172.

Some people will say there is little difference, but ill tell you now....

Brand new it wont feel as fast!! Certainly not initially in a straight line. The ride is firmer and handling is better. Its better built and once bedded in (Mines now done 3000) goes like snot off a stick!!

This is coming from someone who loved his mk1 and I can honestly say I have no regrets.

I borrowed the car for a couple of hours and gave it a proper test drive as I was unsure if it was really worth it. Speak to your dealer and see if you can so the same.

To give you an idea I got £5100 trade in on the mk1 and it was a MINTER with 43k on he clock and the 182 for 12.5k with both cup packs.