ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Be careful out there tonight.

182FF with cup packs
It's slippery as hell out there, i was being careful and the tracion control was still cutting out all the way through 3rd gear.

Roundabouts are getting a bit like skating rinks. I wonder how many cup's we'll lose this weekend :evil::evil:

It's a damn shame really, as with the new rstuner map and a tank of Tesco 99 in this c-c-c-cold weather it really wants to go. :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My Valver (with no ABS, no traction control and parada's!) is comical to drive in this weather!

Its like a circus show.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Friends called over ours tonight at 20:00hrs, told us they hit black ice on the M4 just past J45 west bound sent the car drifting up the w/way at 60 odd mph, driver was Dylan (mcraeslovechild) on here he was landed drifting the Impreza type RA, but his girlfriend was shitting bricks.

Had a little understeer round a roundabout on my way home half hour ago, just take it easy round corner and don't be a willy really.

182FF with cup packs
100mph on the speedo and 7 mph on the tomtom FTW:approve:

Heh, nice trick, but I'm sure you're risking breaknig something if it suddenly grips.

It's -4 down here in Ashford at the moment, so I pity our friends in Scotland, it must be real brass monkey weather up there.

Yeah I was out earlier in the evening. Minus 4c so obviously I was expecting to have to tip-toe. Straight bit of road I know well, thought I'd punt it up to 70 or so, spun up in 2nd at 50mph and torque steering all over the place. I was kind of expecting it but it was safe to have a play. Crappy roads at the moment. I think they use goose fat instead of salt now. Or something. Whatever it is isn't much better than ice TBH.

LOL at 'Cups'

1.5 Clio Dynamique
i was going to go out to burton tonight.......im glad i didnt now

but ive driven a courtesy car (thank god) at 40mph with about 1"1/2 of snow on the ground and the snow falling quick and heavy in the dark and with a workmate in the passenger seat going up the clee hill

i just made it to the top (if it was all uphill i wouldnt of made it and there were cars abandoned already on the hill)

i would say its more driver skill than anything lol

182FF with cup packs
but ive driven a courtesy car (thank god) at 40mph with about 1"1/2 of snow on the ground and the snow falling quick and heavy in the dark and with a workmate in the passenger seat going up the clee hill

I once had the fun time of driving my R5GTT in about an inch of snow. Not an experience i want to repeat in the least. Group N clutch with a bite point the size of a gnats left ball.

172 /megane cab
try a cup with out tc on nights like this lol i got my ass kicked by a 1.6 focus the car would just not get the power down

Porsche Boxster987S
scotland is bad!!

i took it for a small 10min run after work when it ''seemed'' to be dry and no ice. I was wrong. Wheel spinned through 1st , 2nd and third. Roundabouts are interesting:clown:

BMW M5 & E36
Ideal left foot braking practice on roundabouts tbh. Bald toyo's up front and Paradas on the back arent helpful.

Never above 25mpg
Tis very icy down by Warminster services just incase anyone from round the Wilts area is wondering!!

172 Race Car
Hope a few get written off, im after a phase 2 dash.

Been waiting for two months for my mates breakers to get a clio in

Racing blue 182
was out earlier and it was reading -7

my windscreen wipers had froze to the car whilst i was driving!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Was just about to post something similar - just got in and had a big moment earlier. Was coming off a bend onto a straight, touched the accelerator pedal and my car started to zig zag big style in the middle of the road before I was able to correct it, tc was going mental. Was a bit shook up as if there was anything coming the other way would have been a big smash. Awful out there at the mo.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Vee with no traction control and slick back tyres, i'm surprised i havnt chewed through my drivers seat yet :dapprove:

172 Race Car
when I was a lad, one winter I managed to half spin my old Orion 1.6i Ghia. I caught the skid but ended up the wrong side of the duel carageway (it was only a very wide grass verge separating the carageways at the time)

I s**t bricks!

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
wasout watching my gf bro do a rally

went form -4 to -8

sooooooooo cold

Clio 172
ive no abs, traction control just my toyo's. drive to the conditions and slow down for roundabouts and everything should be fine!!!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
i was a victim of the ice last night, coming back from food, about 11 pm, hit a round about doin normal, 20mph but i didn;t notice it was like -7 out side!! slid to about an inch away from the curb on the other side!! i can say i almost touched cloth!! haha

182FF with cup packs
I had a little bit of a sideways moment this afternoon on a roundabout. I was only doing about 15mph and the back end let go a little bit. Steered into it slightly and was fine though.