ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Be scared, be very very very scared!

Just been to the mini in the park show with my mates. There was a rolling road there. All the cars where comming out with figures at roughly what people where expecting. And then there was something to get worried about. One of the VTEC minis came up. It was only the 1.6 16v VETEC and not the 1.8s that are about. Anyway, just think how light and manouvarable those small (version 1, non BMW) cars are. Then add that engine running :

175 BHP AT THE WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was blown away, it sounded awesome and it would odviosly be very quick on the road.

Paul

minis are very fast cars, my mate had a 1.3 mini sprite and the thing just flew, he just used to cain all the gears, its freitening to think somthing so unsafe could go so fast.

I know, when my mate got his 1000cc mini I was scared, it was quick for such a small engine. His gf got a 1.3 a few months ago, thats quick, but for some strange reason pulls better in 4th than 3rd, odd.

Paul

many moons ago i used to have a mini with a 1380 & j k gearbox...the thing flew......sold it to some kiddie & he killed himself in it 5 days later !!!! what a waste of life....& money i spent on that mini !!

trees are harder than they look !!

ive also seen a lotus engine in a mini....they moved the bulkhead forward to fit it in & you sat on the back seats !!!................now thats scary !!:eek:

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 18 August 2003

many moons ago i used to have a mini with a 1380 & j k gearbox...the thing flew......sold it to some kiddie & he killed himself in it 5 days later !!!! what a waste of life....& money i spent on that mini !!

trees are harder than they look !!

ive also seen a lotus engine in a mini....they moved the bulkhead forward to fit it in & you sat on the back seats !!!................now thats scary !!

They used to do the same thing with 3.0 Jaguar engines

Revels Mum & Sister

Theres some Minis with the Vauxhall C20LET engine (2.0 Turbo)

Standard they are 205BHP. Imagine when you mod her!!

Still a mini though!

If you want very, very ,very scary friend, try driving an r500 on the limit, now that car is very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very scary.

Bye Bye

so - youve got a mini which is a small family car which hardly weighs anything with a 175 bhp engine ? So what do you think a 172 is then ?? - there not that much to be scared off DTWD ive seen the type r minis go and they aint that quick.

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 18 August 2003

so - youve got a mini which is a small family car which hardly weighs anything with a 175 bhp engine ? So what do you think a 172 is then ?? - there not that much to be scared off DTWD ive seen the type r minis go and they aint that quick.

A 172 weighs a lot more than a mini, and doesnt handle anywhere near aswell. But you would probably live if you crashed.

Paul