ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beaniemoo's Euro Saxo project

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I heart those wheels

Absolutely love them, set the bar high on this project already lads

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Would look superb if the lower half was that graphite colour some of the Saxo's come in.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Back again and not a vast amount to report but we are currently on the build up to a big attack on the car to turn it into something a bit special and very eye catching. First of all the car is now clean but lets be honest we've all seen a scruffy but clean silver Mk1 saxo so i'm not fussed about posting pics of that.

We've also been busy getting parts in for later in the project first was this a later style filler cap which we then sent away to be professionally polished and it's come back looking stunning.

010420091421.jpg

Along with that the final part of the wheels returned from the same polishers looking equally good (you didn't think i'd manage a post without some wheel pics did you? lol)

24032009070.jpg

24032009068.jpg

24032009078.jpg

Last of all we sourced this which we think looks amazing and will look even better as it's currently at a chroming plating company being made shiny. I won't say were it's from but rest assured it's very old and even more rare so it'll be a nice touch.

Photo0039.jpg

Photo0037.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Afraid thats all for now but should be more this weekend. Cheers for looking

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Hello all!
Big day today! We had a delivery in the week, after a lot of ringing and hunting round we finally managed to locate a set of these!

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

So we set about this weekend to get the ride height correct!
We decided to tackle the rear first, measuring and re measuring with different combinations of workshop staff sitting in the boot and finally settled on a ride height!

Photo0046.jpg

Photo0047.jpg

Photo0048.jpg

To remove the torsion bars we had developed a puller...

Photo0043.jpg

This immediately proved itself nowhere near manly enough! So we went through a
vast number of tools and tool combinations...

Photo0049.jpg

...And 3 hours later, settled on this one!

Photo0058.jpg

Once the rear were done we quickly set about doing the front which just being a pair of struts proved rather easier

Photo0050.jpg

So what started the day looking like this...

Photo0044.jpg

...Ended the day like this...

Photo0052.jpg

Which quickly turned into a photo shoot/picture whoring session

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

Then back onto the old Fox and VTR wheel till its big makeover

Photo0060.jpg

Exciting stuff!!
Cheers for looking

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Big makeover was planned for the start of next month but moneys looking tighter than expected now so it might need to wait another month. Hope not though!!!

Petrol Blue 182.
tyres rub on the rear? and you planning on running spacers on the front? coming along nicely!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Hi all we're back again and I have to admit this is a MASSIVE post so if your living in medieval times and still using 56k this will definately be a pain in the ass so sorry.. First of all the badge has returned from chroming and it's one of those little things that just looks so good it spurs us on to keep on with our projects, I think you'll agree...

23042009001.jpg

Next job isn't a biggun but one that certainly needed doing if we want this thing to look any good... The tail lights.
You all know how this goes but i'll type it out anyway lol. We started off with a pair of truely nasty ebay all crystal lights..

Photo0139.jpg

We then masked up the top section and everything else we didn't want splattered with paint using fine lining tape, masking tape and news paper.

Photo0141.jpg

Next a good shake of the can and a few light but smooth coats over it then sit on the sofa watching chop shop london garage (idiots) while they dry off.

Photo0140.jpg

Photo0143.jpg

Next followed the moment of truth which is always the best moment of painting anything..

Photo0145.jpg

Photo0147.jpg

Photo0146.jpg

Happy as can be these are now tucked away safely in my flat waiting for the big makover, which as luck would have it started in ernest today..
This arrived earlier in the week which meant how the weekend was going to go was already set.:panic:

Photo0150.jpg

8:30 we arrived at Beanie's (my brother) work and obviously first thing that needed doing was to strip the car of anything that was gonna get in the way of the job in hand.

Photo0152.jpg

Photo0153.jpg

Next we needed to drill out all the spot welds that hold the roof in place which turned into something like a where's wally spotting each one in a sea of siver paint and sealer.

Photo0154.jpg

Photo0155.jpg

Photo0157.jpg

After all this it was time for the sardine tin treatment which was a bit scary compared to the clio (which has a carbon fibre roof) as this roof needed all the bracing taken with it and didn't leave us a whole lot of saxo as you can see.

Photo0161.jpg

Photo0162.jpg

Photo0164.jpg

Once all the edges were cleaned ready for welding we laid the new roof in place and attacked it with the spot welder and got it all welded in place.

Photo0166.jpg

Photo0168.jpg

Photo0170.jpg

Next job, as the car is at his work for a couple of weeks for a full repaint, was to strip any trim etc off the car ready for stage 2 of the big makover which left us with this shocking pile of saxo. But hey things can apparently only get better from here

Photo0171.jpg

Photo0175.jpg

Photo0176.jpg

Photo0179.jpg

Don't ask me what colour it's going or anything else about the finer details as I won't
be telling, you'll just have to check in over the next couple of weeks lol. ;)

Cheers for reading, I know it's a bit of a big post but I hope it was worth it.

Check back soon please.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Well this isn't the most exciting of posts but I thought you'd all prefer to be kept in the loop. First of all we've ordered a pile of bits from Citroen but nothing amazing just little bits and bob that the 11years of abuse interspursed with neglect have left broken or missing

Next, Pete the panel magician at my brothers work got stuck into repairing all the little parking dents the little French rocket has picked up along the way. as well as that we've had all the washer jet holes, tailgate badge holes and door lock holes plated and filled as they're pretty ugly bits we can do without.

Couple of pics...

Photo0183.jpg

Photo0189.jpg

Photo0184.jpg

Photo0185.jpg

Photo0187.jpg

Photo0188.jpg

Drivers door had had a hell of a hard life Lol.

Photo0186.jpg

More soon :)

Last edited: