ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beaniemoo's Euro Saxo project

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Looks really really good so far....

Definately liking this pic... should be done like this (Black roof, bonnet, tailgate) with the rest silver.

Photo0170.jpg

120d M-Sport
Lookin' very lovely this! Always liked that version of the saxo for some reason lol :D

Look forward to more updates! :approve:

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
scotland074.jpg

ring2008401.jpg

God makes me miss my saxo and wish that i kept it as a track **** !

Your car is looking fantastic keep up the good work!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Hi there all, cheers for the great comments and i'm loving the colour gusses :cool:

Well just thought that as things are chugging along i'd post up a few work in progress pics. They're not our usual step by step pics but i'm sure you'll fill in any gaps lol.

First job was to trim and tidy the front bumper to give it a cleaner more agressive look..

Photo0193.jpg

This involved triming out the downward sections of the bumpr grille and fill in the gaps with bumper glue. This will also mean it's more in keeping with the upper grille.

Photo0192.jpg

Photo0194-1.jpg

Then that was sanded back and a skim of filler left us with this..

Photo0195.jpg

Photo0196.jpg

Also on the list was the rear bumper which was only a little job involving much of the same to remove the tow eye (short sighted i know but fashion over function :) )

Photo0202.jpg

Photo0207-1.jpg

After that was the rear tailgate handle which we're deleting the button from in favour of a solanoid.

Hole plated..

Photo0201.jpg

1 Layer of filler..

Photo0203.jpg

5 more layers of filler lol..

Photo0205.jpg

Coat of primer..

Photo0208.jpg

While that was going on we've spent a few hours flatting the shell too so that should be in primer soon which will be good.

Photo0206.jpg

Photo0209.jpg

Sorry for the fairly dull updates but i promise it'll get better just bare with us ;)

J03

MX5 1.8
looks exciting! am thinking about getting a saxo as a cheaper alternative and this thread is tempting me big style!

Audi A3
looks like a lovely project almost makes me wish id baught a local vtr insted of another clio! cant wait to see the finished result

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Hi all and just to let you know we've been pretty damn busy even though we've not been posting just a lot of it hasn't been at all picture worthy. Today however is very different. First of all as the car has a very retro theme to it we've given the fog lamps a european/retro look...

Photo0221.jpg

Next off the seemingly endless flatting of the car came to an end and it was time to wrap it up like a christmas present ready for paint..

Photo0220.jpg

So now for the big giveaway post but before we post the picture I really should post a warning!

Photo0224-1.jpg

We've made what we reckon will be a very controversial descision when it came to the colour but then the breif for this car was always to do something different that devides opinion. Some of you won't like it, hopefully some of you might but if you don't please feel free to say just please don't tear us a new one lol.

Cheers

For that mean imposing look we don't think you can beat (drumroll)

satin black

Photo0227.jpg

It looks pretty glossy in these pics but beleive me it's not it's mostly caused by the intense lights and white walls in the booth.

Photo0225.jpg

Photo0226.jpg

Photo0224.jpg

Photo0223.jpg

Well, there it is, hope some of you like it. We have some other pretty contoversial updates coming for the car but thats all I can tell you for now.

Cheers.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Lookin very good. Cant wait to see this finished.

Got a soft spot for Saxo's just dont like to admit it cause of that stereotypical view on them.

mk2 slow. . .
reminds me of my mates car, tommy d's, he had a matt black saxo, whtie wheels body kit, was fairly well nown, but atleast yours isn't so in your face.

keep up the good work

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
liking it mate.. think i would prefer Matta black... Still like it though.. cant wait...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
awww come on all the colours in the world and you choose satin black! :( still cool tho buddy

mx5
Tbh it does look good, but cos of all the people who sprays their cars matte black with rattle cans because they cant afford a respray i think it kinda cheapens it. If it were me i would have gone for a different satin colour,like brown maybe. Still, Im sure it will look good when its all put together.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
wit woo!

i said it should of been an 'earth' colour, but i know what else you have planned so it should look schweet when all done :D