ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beaniemoo's Euro Saxo project

M2 Competition
Satin black, chrome wheels, retro low back seats in red leather, plush carpets... i could see where this could go...

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
First of all this morning I got to worka nd the car had flatted off beutifully so I was chuffed to bits after a night of worrying the car was too gloss..

Photo0228.jpg

Photo0229.jpg

Photo0231.jpg

Photo0230.jpg

Well today's update is really only one thing but more has occured. Firstly the paintshop have been busy and got the doors, bonnet, and tailgate painted but it was still on bake when i left work so i thought i'd leave them to dry. This however has highlighted just how many parts there are on a saxo to respray as we still have the Door, quarter and wing mouldings as well as both bumpers and a grille still to go!!!!!!!!!!

So now for what i was up to which was something i'd never done before and seemingly nor had anyone else since the 70's lol. Firstly I bribed "the boy" with a Mcd's to sand the roof smooth for me ready for..

Photo0232.jpg

Next off it was time to trim up the vinyl we'de sourced for the roof which i did with some scissors i'd stolen and subsiquently ruined from reception lol..

Photo0233.jpg

Next, there are some jobs that you need some "old skool" on the case to do it right so Andy who was there first time round and knows how to apply the glue..

Photo0234.jpg

On went the vinyl and some serious work to get it triming and smoothing ect which was hard to take pictures of as i needed to be involved.

Photo0235.jpg

Photo0236.jpg

and so the results..

Photo0237.jpg

Photo0238.jpg

Photo0240.jpg

Photo0244.jpg

Photo0242.jpg

So there it is and I can't beleive what a difference it's made.

Check back soon for more fun and controversy :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
some how i think gloss black would of made me spunk with that red roof, love vinyl roofs

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Thanks for all the comments i was very worried EVERYONE was gonna hate it lol. Well as it's saturday today we got to spend plenty of time on the car which is handy when the car is in as many peices as it is. Immediately after arriving was to apply some bling.

Photo0245.jpg

We then began fitting the car up but there aren't many pictures of that as it was a pretty involved job. Howeveer when we fancied a break from that we took on another vinyl trimming job. The mirror caps...

Photo0246.jpg

Photo0247.jpg

Photo0248.jpg

Very happy indeed with how that came out but then no rest for wicked so back to the fitting up it was.

Photo0249.jpg

Essential mod lol.

Photo0252.jpg

Owing to there not being any plastic parts painted yet we had to call it a day at this point and resigned ourselves to some good old picture whoring.

Photo0257.jpg

Photo0258.jpg

Photo0259.jpg

Photo0267.jpg

Photo0268.jpg

Once we'd had a good look at how far we'd got we've come to the conclusion that baring one bit thats already in the pipline thats enough red.

Cheers for looking.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
We're now fairly confident that the outside of the car will be ready to appear at FCS which is good because we were gutted when we realised the project valver was gonna miss another FCS. The whole car however will be a much longer job without a fixed finish date really.

We're now fairly confident that the outside of the car will be ready to appear at FCS which is good because we were gutted when we realised the project valver was gonna miss another FCS. The whole car however will be a much longer job without a fixed finish date really.
I was hoping you'd say that! :D

W

Willy

Any more updates over the weekend? :) haha sorry to nag, really enjoying reading this project

Petrol Blue 182.
f**king cool roof man! what if a bird s***s on it tho? will it stain? or bleach in the sun?

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Any more updates over the weekend? :) haha sorry to nag, really enjoying reading this project

Not nagging at all fella, it's great to know that people are interested in what we're doing and so in honour of your enthusiasm i'm dedicating this post to you lol.

This week is a big one on the project as it's the week before FCS and we want the exterior looking done in time for it. This meant lots of my brother sneaking off while at work to get bits done to save time today. This included reattaching all the clip mountings that fell off while stripping the battered kit off as well as deleting the VTS door badges.

Photo0271.jpg

Then when saturday came we started off sprucing up the textured bits of the kit whiich involved masking..

Photo0278.jpg

flatting..

Photo0279.jpg

spraying..

Photo0281.jpg

demasking and feeling smug..

Photo0282.jpg

Once all that was done it was simply a case of fitting up the lil sax and as we did it started to become clear how mean this car was gonna look which exactly what we were aiming for :cool:

Photo0275.jpg

Photo0277.jpg

Photo0280.jpg

Once the outside was fitted up we felt we deserved to have a looka t the car outside and see what we'd achieved and although these pictures by no means do the car justice they give you an idea..

Photo0286.jpg

Photo0287.jpg

Photo0288.jpg

Photo0291.jpg

Photo0292.jpg

As I say these pictures really don't give you the idea of how in yer face the car looks and it didn't really strike us until we stopped at the off leicence on the way home and saw it in a car park filler with mum wagons and rep mobiles. It certainly stands out lol

Anyway a month on and the sax is safely home just missing a couple of bits that those of you at FCS will most likely see first.

06062009001.jpg

06062009002.jpg