ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beaniemoo's Euro Saxo project

Titanium 182
Awesome, not a fan of bonnet lifters but otherwise it's ace !

Red leather interior with red carpets would look awesome !

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Looks good, but the rear is to high, needs to come down say about 60mm more

PMSL!!! I can't begin to tell you how much that can't happen, the pictures are truely useless when it comes to giving people an idea of how the car looks in real life, In real life it's far meaner looking and proper on the deck (feel free to confirm this at FCS) as it stands the car is just over 100mm down and the suspension travel is less than an inch font and rear.

Glad you like the look though only wish I could post a better impression.

Titanium 182
I reckon it's lower than it looks on those pictures, next time get down in a crouch position so your level with the top of the wheel. Will show it off much better.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The one pathetic thing I'd change is I'd move the retro badge inwards a bit.

That is all :)

W

Willy

Not nagging at all fella, it's great to know that people are interested in what we're doing and so in honour of your enthusiasm i'm dedicating this post to you lol.

How sweet :eek:

Thanks for the update. Looks great! Really does look mean, that red leather gets me way too excited! Are you going to spray the textured strips? red leather? or just leave them as be?

Not too sure about the bonnet raised though ;)

Any plans for the interior as of yet? I'm sure your still just focused on the outside though. Great stuff

I'll look out for it at FCS :)

M

mini-valver

I was slightly dubious of how it was going to look after the first few bare shell pictures but with the trim, wheels and panels on it looks f**king MINT. DOne good again fella's :D

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Right, looking at the thread agin this morning we decided that the pictures we took and posted yesterday did not do the car justice.
So, we borrowed a Digital SLR and probably using about 10% of its capibilities we went out for a bit of a photo shoot!

122.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

131.jpg

134.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

158.jpg

Hope these gives a better impression of how the car actually looks

KW'd 2118'd dCi ???
Amazing.

I'd just lower the bonnet a little.

An advice, get some Black Motip High Temperature Paint in those trims. They will look brand new.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Explain the bonnet to me! does it sit open all the time like that?

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Explain the bonnet to me! does it sit open all the time like that?

The bonnet does indeed sit like that all the time it was a choice made as part of the retro track car theme of the car as back in the day people with 45's-40's/cooling issues (lol) used to raise the back of the bonnet to aid air flow through the bay. Heaven knows if it actually worked but the theory looks really cool!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Ahhh! get it now - forgive me lol I thought for a second the bonnet opened like a mk1 and it had just been wedged open albeit securely :eek:

someone do it on a mk2 wanna see!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its bullshit about the whole bonnet raiser thing, besides looks it does nothing, there is a low pressure area by the windscreen and it wont make a diff to heat... there been a few people who have tested it... anyway looks cool :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I await someone saying, he's going for that look but it looks too miss matched to me.

I really thought I would love it but I don't.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Thanks for all the comments, its aways nice to hear what other people think of what we've done and are doing.
Right, everything has been very rush, rush to get everything done in time for FCS as that was when we desperatly wanted to show the car first.
We were only waiting for a few thing to turn up and we were concerned that they might not arrive as they were all pretty bespoke!
Luckily by Thursday everything had arrived. The spoiler had arrived back from the trimmers (we've now decided thats enough with the red and the vinyl for the outside)

Photo0300.jpg

Photo0299.jpg

Also the dice valve caps arrived (its all in the details when your car is Matt Black LOL)

Photo0298.jpg

And the number plate light trim made it back from being chromed (no mean feat on a plastic trim)

Photo0303.jpg

Photo0302.jpg

And a retro tax disc holder FTW

Image020.jpg

Then Saturday morning came. We got up early and went to work on the Saxo fitting 2 lower arms, 2 track rod ends, the spoiler, numberplate trim etc.
Then off to kettering travel lodge ready for FCS on Sunday. Unfortunatly there aren't any pictures from the Saturday as it was SO busy.
Luckily we did get some pictures taken of the car all together at FCS (I hope people don't mind me using their photos)

DSCF4205.jpg

DSCF4206.jpg

FCS09065.jpg

DSCF4207.jpg

DSCF4208.jpg

FCS09062.jpg

16062009008.jpg

16062009009.jpg

Hope you like the update and if you saw the car at FCS I hope you liked it.
Not sure if there will be many updates for now, but we'll keep you posted.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its nice, im just not 100% sure it works... i think a different color would of suited it better.... :/ otherwise its nice :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
after havings a good look at it at FCS i honestly dont think satin black does this car justice tbh its a great car but its lacking that one thing, great paintwork i understand you trying to bedifferent but i honestly think it could be better with the right paint job