ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been a while ,my 328i sport now.

bmw E36 328i sport
ello all,been a while now,after my mate introducing me to this site early in the year(him being a clio owner) i found some of your motors and posts very interesting,i love the little clio but as my life went on i grew apart from little hot hatches.
wish i still had one though.
Anyway i own a 328 i sport,standard it is a straight 6,2.8 litre,
Iv spent most of the year getting it back to showroom condition and to the standard i want it to.
It now has gained....
Black diamond disks,ebc pads.
New bilstein shocks all round(original avus)
Eibach springs
GruppeM induction
Generic Remap
De-Gauzed MAF.
And powerflex bushings all round
and generally just getting it back to very clean.

She now drives like new and goes very well to,
Recently took her to santa pod,what fun that was,
Heres a couple of pics i just thought id share.
newfrontcover.jpg

newfrontangle.jpg

newfrontpassengerangle.jpg

newrerarshine.jpg

passengerinterior.jpg

newinterior.jpg
IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

FSCN0458.jpg

santapod2.jpg

santapod.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg
IMAG0020.jpg

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
looks stunning matey,i used to own a showroom condition 318 is coupe in that colour,didnt go very well but still miss it

what do you run at pod then mate? i estimate 14.7

bmw E36 328i sport
cheers fella,your estimate was slightly off although close ,had a nasty head wind and all times where down plus it was must first ever run at the pod and was a bit nerve racking,anyway enough of the excuses i ran a 15.1,the M3 evos where running low to mid 14s and the odd one doing 13s,just so you can compare,never felt wind like it ,hopefully will get there later on in the year or start of next year for RWYB.
Hopefully i will then see a better time.:)

53 Clio's & counting
yup from my memory of e36 coupe.com forum years ago the average was about 14.7 matey so thats good with a headwind

53 Clio's & counting
ah cool mate,iv not been on in a while tbh,whats fuel consumption like on her then? i was lucky if i got 30 mpg out my 318

bmw E36 328i sport
lol mate living in london im lucky if i get 24mpg out of mine,if i boot it about i get something like 18mpg!,its ridiculous but i love it;)

bmw E36 328i sport
cheers ian,spent most of the year tidying it up as much as i can and going round to shows here and there,was thinking of selling it but i really dont think its worth it now and financially dont make sence.
Maybe a supercharger mid of next year ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
cheers ian,spent most of the year tidying it up as much as i can and going round to shows here and there,was thinking of selling it but i really dont think its worth it now and financially dont make sence.
Maybe a supercharger mid of next year ;)

If your really happy with it then why change and waste your money.

What sort of power would the charger give it???
And how much are they.Im thinking M3 power

bmw E36 328i sport
in my eyes i wont be wasting money,just improving on it fella,i could sell it and go out and by an M3 but my hearts really in this motor and would seem a shame to do that as so much has gone into it,iv spent to much on it as it is to just sell it on and id loose out on so much money,£3.500 will get you the full charger kit,with ECU modifications the kit is then a bolt on,Id have M3 power with Some internal work to,it would be different and individual,It might be old but the age doesnt mean a thing to me on this car,it drives like new,Iv spent a bit on it already so why stop there.Hope you can all see where im coming from.

bmw E36 328i sport
cheers for all the comments lads,i am going to keep improving her bit by bit,once you start you dont seem to stop if you know what i mean,need to do a little more research but hopefully in the future youl see a nice blower under the bonnet.

Z4
Veerrry nice matey, i do like the e36 coupes. Have you changed the manifold and system yet? Hear it's very restricted by them! Well done on keeping it subtle though, that's how bmws are designed to be imo

bmw E36 328i sport
cheers chris,i havent put the BBTB kit or the manifold on yet,only reason is iv heard mixed comments about it and as more people are fitting them they find out you loose power hear and there but gain it again in other places and to be honest i dont really want to mess with the original drive of the car as i love it as it is,also gone head to head with a 28 sport that has these mods and wasnt a noticable difference.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Looks a beauty mate !!! i looked into buying a 328 Sport in 2002 , lovely cars but was worried about the Nikasil block fears, is yours the newer type as the techno voilet/ lotus leather 328 M tec i looked at still had the Nikasil block that was on a 97 model. BMW trainers off swansea said i would have to cover half the cost of a new replacement if the block went as i was buying second hand.It affected the V8s and the straight sixes if i remeber
Gary

bmw E36 328i sport
Yeah gtvlew thats rite fella,mine just missed all that luckily but if you do have this problem on a 328i and it hasnt shown any sighns of the dreaded problem yet i.e rough idle,heavy loss of oil then it probably wont cause you any trouble in the future either,if they have had regular oil changes useing good oil it should be fine although i have heard of one day the car being fine then next day lose of power and goodbye engine as it just gives up.
Its one of those subjects that always comes up around these engines but in my experience if you get a good one and its ok at this age it should be fine for a long time to come too :)

www.renparts.co.uk
Nice change to see a decent original e36 not driven by a Kossovan with a Halfords spoiler on it. Had an e36 compact as my first car and always fancied a coupe. Always tempted when im over at auction but theyre too thirsty for me to run about in really.

bmw E36 328i sport
haha joshydee haha i totally agree mate,i really want to keep this as OEM looking as i can with only mods that make a real difference to handleing and performance,and yea they do like a good drink i must say lol

www.renparts.co.uk
haha joshydee haha i totally agree mate,i really want to keep this as OEM looking as i can with only mods that make a real difference to handleing and performance,and yea they do like a good drink i must say lol

Looks concourse to me, brilliant example as a future classic. I used to be on e36 coupe forums myself.

bmw E36 328i sport
cheers for all the great comments,It has 79k on the clock now,IMO joshydee it aint quite there yet but hopefully for next summer il have her ready for the shows again and in A1 condition.

bmw E36 328i sport
Ello all.
Cheers for all your replys,just a quick one,can anyone tell me if i can use menzerna final finish polish by hand and not a machine?:S