ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been invited to Williams Factory

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 24 March 2004

Got a letter this morning asking me to bring 0002 to the Williams F1 factory for a photo shoot with 0001. Niiiiiiiiiice;)
Tell them itl cost...or ask if they want to buy it from you ;)

001 hasnt been written off.. most people said Frank Williams wrote it off, but search the forum - you can see one!

So, either a) 001 is a Right Hand Drive, written off.. so they got a LHD and changed the plaque.. or b) everyone was wrong, hehe.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Get the pictures posted soon as rob. Thats if your going ...........]

Royal Mail are a bit slow around here - as im still waiting for my letter ;).

They could do with tidying up a bit!

The compound that is.

One question, what makes 002 or whatever, different to 0123 or 0254?

I can understand number 1 being a bit holy grail-ish, but simply any willy after that one is the same, and as the nature of construction, wouldnt they become better at building as time progresses, hence the last one made is the best?

i want a clean car!!!!! lol

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

While your there Rob...........Find out why its running on Pirelli Boots and there size fellor.

That accelerator pedal is different to mine too.

Take a camcorder.

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 25 March 2004

They could do with tidying up a bit!

The compound that is.

One question, what makes 002 or whatever, different to 0123 or 0254?

I can understand number 1 being a bit holy grail-ish, but simply any willy after that one is the same, and as the nature of construction, wouldnt they become better at building as time progresses, hence the last one made is the best?

i want a clean car!!!!! lol
lol nah mate ........the REAL 1 to have has gotta be no.159

as far as im aware its the fastest of the bunch, includin the willy 1,2,3s..lol

well it was up to this year....but as standard with jus zorst filter mods runs mid 14s..........this year tho i expect the fastest will go to another willy , prob no.148 .................if he lets me drive it lol

Quote: Originally posted by northy_com on 25 March 2004
While your there Rob...........Find out why its running on Pirelli Boots and there size fellor.

id hazard a guess, that they perform better than the standard tyres

TT 225

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 25 March 2004

well it was up to this year....but as standard with jus zorst filter mods runs mid 14s..........this year tho i expect the fastest will go to another willy , prob no.148 .................if he lets me drive it lol

Hes already promised me a go ;) (of the car lol)

I already know about the Pirellis. I wrote a letter ages ago. Got a reply from a high up bod explaining it to me (Sir Franks son). Didnt bother posting on here as too many ppl f**ked my off about the tyres. You may find the info on another site if you do a google search.

And BenR, maybe your right about 0002 not being special. But it is to me, and it seems to be to EVO and Williams Grand Prix Engineering, so f**k everyone else.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 24 March 2004

I thought 001 was no more?
That silly Mr Hill and his heavy right foot??
Nope, i think the car was written off by a reporter and was just a 16v with all the willy bits bolted on and off course the engine.

Love hearing about this stuff though... :D

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 25 March 2004

I already know about the Pirellis. I wrote a letter ages ago. Got a reply from a high up bod explaining it to me (Sir Franks son). Didnt bother posting on here as too many ppl f**ked my off about the tyres. You may find the info on another site if you do a google search.

And BenR, maybe your right about 0002 not being special. But it is to me, and it seems to be to EVO and Williams Grand Prix Engineering, so f**k everyone else.

Tongue in cheek mate, christ.

Even though it is a relevant question.

Clio 182 cup'd

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 25 March 2004

Touchy subject there!lol