ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

been slamming for 2 days

V6 Exige, GTR R35
since the st looked like it decended from a tractor i decided to fit some lowering springs yesterday - the rears were reasonably simple but the fronts were a right pain in the ass!

then since i was on a roll decided to fit the coilovers to teg today - pretty straight forward except it took me about 10 attempts to get the ride height spot on.

well happy with both results......

Attachments

• DSC00006-3.jpg
    DSC00006-3.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC00007-2.jpg
    DSC00007-2.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC00009-1.jpg
    DSC00009-1.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00013-2.jpg
    DSC00013-2.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 1,045
  V6 Exige, GTR R35
and some more

Attachments

• DSC00016-1.jpg
    DSC00016-1.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00015-1.jpg
    DSC00015-1.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00014-2.jpg
    DSC00014-2.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 153
M

mini-valver

Got a real soft spot for ST's :eek:

Goes without saying for the DC5 though, awesome....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Whats the DC5 like? Been to view a couple myself, but not test driven one. Need to wait till oct for insurance though grr.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whats the DC5 like? Been to view a couple myself, but not test driven one. Need to wait till oct for insurance though grr.

I doubt you'll see a beta one in the UK! That cars got everything short of a SC or Turbo fitted!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Don't test-drive one until you can afford the insurance.

That's the mistake i made. lol

They are ridiculously amazing.

I'll find the review i did of my drive... 2 secs

EDIT: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=289434&highlight=DC5+Owners

The car in that thread, the one i was thinking about, is now owned by Bjorn.

Insurance is the killer for me tbh, being 23.... it's a G20 car and a grey. owned.

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Don't test-drive one until you can afford the insurance.

That's the mistake i made. lol

They are ridiculously amazing.

I'll find the review i did of my drive... 2 secs

EDIT: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=289434&highlight=DC5+Owners

The car in that thread, the one i was thinking about, is now owned by Bjorn.

Insurance is the killer for me tbh, being 23.... it's a G20 car and a grey. owned.

80£ more to insure the DC5 than the Vee...Same insruance group 20C.

Need to get more pics of stoddie's the engine is a word of art. And unlike most Honda's this one actually sounds nice!!! Not like an angry Wasp!

V6 Exige, GTR R35

cheers for the comments guys - much appreciated.

the DC5 is an awesome car - i bought it complatly standard back in august with 7500 miles on the clock , its an 04 plate and paid 16k for it. was grade 5A at the auction - so like new.

a few tips on finding a good one - always ask for the auction sheet, check the vin number with the plate located on the drivers side strut tower in the engine bay, the same number is also stamped on the bulkhead at the back. also check the seatbelt labels, they have dates on them near to when the car was made, these have been known to be cut off if the car has been in an accident and theyve been replaced. the rest is pretty simple.

The only down side is tuning parts are rediculously expensive, you have 2 choices - but from japan and risk being caught for duty or pay the higher prices from tuners already in the uk. Ive done both and find for the smaller parts you manage sometimes not to pay duty on parts.

As for honda parts theres a honda dealership down in hereford who knows the DC5 well and can get most parts overnight from belgium, apparently honda have a warehouse there.

i think since august i must of spent about 8k on parts, the ohlins coilovers cost me £1600 notes just to give you an idea.

Insurance wise im with directline, i have house insurance etc witht them and the st is also with them so i get a discount - i pay about £600 but i have 6 years NCB and im an old man at 30.

hope this helps and you manage to find a good one.
cheers
stoddie

V6 Exige, GTR R35
80£ more to insure the DC5 than the Vee...Same insruance group 20C.

Need to get more pics of stoddie's the engine is a word of art. And unlike most Honda's this one actually sounds nice!!! Not like an angry Wasp!

a few pics of the bay!

Attachments

• DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC00074.jpg
    DSC00074.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00075.jpg
    DSC00075.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00078.jpg
    DSC00078.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 88
  V6 Exige, GTR R35
aye you can see it in the first pic with the black inlet manifold, its tight but it went in!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
How come there group 20 ? the S3 only G18 , it's worth more and has more power?

The Dc5 in black does look fit tho!

leon

probably because its only available as an import - sometimes power and overall cost doesnt come into it.

ive heard a new front bumper is about £500 notes and takes about a month to get one for a dc5 so i suppose thats all taken into consideration.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
How come there group 20 ? the S3 only G18 , it's worth more and has more power?

The Dc5 in black does look fit tho!

leon

probably because its only available as an import - sometimes power and overall cost doesnt come into it.

ive heard a new front bumper is about £500 notes and takes about a month to get one for a dc5 so i suppose thats all taken into consideration.

Vee's group 20 aswell and cost less 7 has less power than an S3...

Grey imports are a nitemare to insure! 'For the non old fogey's.

Thats a nice bay. Is that a Spoon rocker cover or just OEM painted yellow? Ive heard theres no difference, but the Spoon costs 300quid.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
the paint is immaculate for a black bus as well.

love the japanese stickers on the window as well

B

Brown.

Lovely old man window deflectors on the teg lol my granda loves em :p