ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beginner

Clio Sport 172
I have decided too buy a new camera for myself today. I wanted a camera that come with a few settings so I could play around. After seeing some of the photography work on here and the fact I am going on holiday in July I decided too purchase it. Got it for a pretty good price too £250

http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/canon-powershot-g9.cfm

What ya think? I just hope it is ok for a beginner :)

Clio Sport 172
Thats jumping in the deep end for me though. This has SLR capabilities and I wanna get used too them before i go spending alot of money on a DSLR.

Clio 172 Mk2
Good choice of camera, but Im certain that if you get into photography, you will most certainly want a dslr.

I had a Panasonic FZ18 (comparable to your G9) and was absolutely delighted with it, but just one month later I decided to get a dslr. They may well have similar capabilities on paper, but once you compare the picture quality (particularly low light/high ISO) they are worlds apart.

D

dick

i think im gonna get me a g9 and underwater housing i think.
only thing that puts me off.... 2.8-4.8?!? with bad high iso... what were they thinking.?
should have been 2.8-3.5,3.7 ish

love the fact i can use my 580exII on it. and its pocket size.

where did you get it from? was gonna get it from the US at £225, but if its £250 w/ uk waranty i wont bother.

so where you get it from mate?

I had a G9 for a month before i moved on to an SLR, it just didn't cut it for me!

Its too big for a pocket... but not big enough for a shoulder bag, but if it does all you need it to do.. then bring on the pics!!!

Clio Sport 172
Got it off ebay. Comes with 2 years warranty, which was the reason I got it. If i was too get it anywhere else I was looking at 280/290

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Thats jumping in the deep end for me though. This has SLR capabilities and I wanna get used too them before i go spending alot of money on a DSLR.

I went straight in at the deep end with a DSLR. Its the way forward! ;)

Same here.

Absolutely love my camera, but its not as compact as the normal Digi Cams u get, as u can put them in ur pockets or something, whereas the dslr, u have to carry it around ur neck!

They take absolutely fabolous pictures!

D

dick

the g9 dont fit in a pocket?!

balls, guess its an ixus for me then :/

edit: has... i was reffering to JJ

Last edited by a moderator: