ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belt/Timing/Dephaser kit prices now?

Hi guys,

Quick one..

I was on Renault parts direct and KTEC Racing the other day. Notice a number of their kits for the above seem discounted a bit. Is this like a fake sale and always priced like this, or should I strike while the iron is hot?

Would be nice to snag a bargain.

Also, I see you can buy the timing kit for £150 or thereabouts, wondering can I time the engine myself. Engine will be coming out during my project anyway. Or is the timing a dark art and best left to the pros?

Cheers
Conor

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Spent £700 with my Renault parts department in the last two weeks and the Parts manager and dealer principal where telling me that Brexit has stuffed everything.

Parts coming from France are taking much longer and some parts are going back order.

I also know and they confirmed every Jan Renault Uk / France do a price change so prices change and parts then just vanish for older cars so some stuff now will just be NLA.

They also informed me that due to COVID Renault are now not giving there dealers much in Subsidies / Discount and prices are looking to increase by a lot hence I was told to order and pay ASAP to get the cheaper price.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
£150 for the cambelt kit?
For the full kit with water pump, coolant etc...... Its £282 on RPD. Then you might also need the aux belt kit if its due.

Last edited:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Also, I see you can buy the timing kit for £150 or thereabouts, wondering can I time the engine myself. Engine will be coming out during my project anyway. Or is the timing a dark art and best left to the pros?

You'll be fine with the engine out, most of the hassle is down to the s**t access.

Thanks guys.

What do people think about current prices on RPD / KTR though. For example:

These seem like good discounts - I am wondering are these only temporary or are they always "discounted". I need to do these in Summer, and it would be a shame if the prices reverted back to normal.

Seems the third kit above (£343) has "crank bolt and cam seals kit" which the other doesn't - are these needed. I am tempted to buy the Kit from KTR and dephaser from RPD.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Those prices will most likely only be temporary. You find that they have offers on from time to time.
£343 is a good price. You'll need to add on coolant as well.
If you can afford it I'd buy the kit while it's at a low price.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
RPD are usually fairly well priced for genuine parts.
My belts and dephaser are due in the next 12 months and and although the belts and runners are in good nick, the main crank pulley looks a but ugly. It's 17 years and 105000 miles old, so i think that'll get done as well.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Strange one but my local parts guy at the dealership sent me a message saying some stuff has come down in price. Mainly stuff on offers etc

Be going in this week to collect some parts so happy to price a few bits for you. Usually matches or beats RPD.

I priced up a belt kit for my cup a few weeks ago and it was £90 ish.