ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben black gold 182

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
You can get a name badge from the csf tent, only 3 people ever do though [emoji23].
Aw man, i might write it on a window so people know who it is [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Definitely man come have a chat, just shout at me if i look busy [emoji1787] im on afternoon if you want to see how not to do blyton

I’m on in the morning so will wonder over in the afternoon

@OssPoop snap. My car is currently “wrapped” let’s say ? in bird poop and dust! So will try and get a bucket and sponge on it before if I get time!

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Ill make a point to try see everyone this year

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Csf 2019 was a great success, car went flawlessly and had an amazing time, going to spam all my photos on here, hopefuly get the videos off the nopro later
20190707_172241.jpg
20190706_170156.jpg
20190706_182208.jpg
20190706_170149.jpg
20190706_125042.jpg
20190706_124947.jpg
20190706_105532.jpg
20190706_105516.jpg
20190705_212357.jpg

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Looking back at the last post it's been a while since anything happened! Garage should be up soon so I'll get to work on it (and the mx5) in it to my desire, can't wait!

Not much has been happening with the clio, passed its MOT without any advisories 🤷‍♀️ and today I got a pms 22mm rear antiroll bar delivered, that's really my last new bit before CSF unless something good turns up cheap

Me and the she also got a doggo! That's why things have been quiet lately, haven't even washed the car since driving down to Newcastle to get him. Tomorrow is a shiny car morning if the weather's good

Pic of rollbar and the investigative husky called Nook
IMG_20200303_123746_638.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looking back at the last post it's been a while since anything happened! Garage should be up soon so I'll get to work on it (and the mx5) in it to my desire, can't wait!

Not much has been happening with the clio, passed its MOT without any advisories 🤷‍♀️ and today I got a pms 22mm rear antiroll bar delivered, that's really my last new bit before CSF unless something good turns up cheap

Me and the she also got a doggo! That's why things have been quiet lately, haven't even washed the car since driving down to Newcastle to get him. Tomorrow is a shiny car morning if the weather's good

Pic of rollbar and the investigative husky called Nook View attachment 1457484
Owning a husky is going to be fun! Lot of work and they're super intelligent haha

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Shite photo will get more later, but the 22mm pms antiroll bar is on. Body roll eliminated! Feels good from the wee drive I took it, will take it for a proper testing later, got it on the medium setting just now

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_144211.jpg
    IMG_20200314_144211.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 274

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
So much tidier than the whiteline👍. This month's calendar pic offends me because of the arb🤣. It's a very noticeable addition and I love how the car feels. Mines on the soft setting atm but I'll be changing it when the weather improves.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
So much tidier than the whiteline👍. This month's calendar pic offends me because of the arb🤣. It's a very noticeable addition and I love how the car feels. Mines on the soft setting atm but I'll be changing it when the weather improves.
Mines is on the middle setting just now and I love it, sorted out some interior vibration at the rear aswell 😂

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Black gold is super cool. Always loved that colour. Nipple ring is a bit and I prefer standard wheels/turinis but looking slick!

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Black gold is super cool. Always loved that colour. Nipple ring is a bit and I prefer standard wheels/turinis but looking slick!
Cheers man!
I like the nipple ring man it matches my old one 😂, not a fan of the standard wheels at all though, was thinking about changing them up but not sure, need to get the superT's refurbed soon. Got tyres and stickers ready, just need centre caps and to pick a colour (probably the same sparklyish silver)

Ultras can sit and be track wheels for now as they'll suit the mx5 for track too

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Seats have come up great, will look good fitted (y)

Cheers man!

If they fit on the recaro rails with their universal mounts then they're going in, if not then they might sit for the mx5, don't really want to buy more rails so will see how it goes

A quick googley search makes the think that the sparcos and recaros have the same fitment
So we shall soon find out 😬

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
The clio has a new house! (Mostly, roller doors go up on Monday) not much been goin on recently so this is something interesting! Will see about getting the mx5 moved from my mum's soon and look at getting a new daily so the clio and the mx5 can live in the garage in peace (relative peace until I take one out and abuse the life out of it)

Now to get the place monoblocked and I can finally wash the car at my own house 😬 it's only taken a year so far and a fair bit of faffing around - watch it take another year to ge

Attachments

• IMG_20200619_140521.jpg
    IMG_20200619_140521.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_20200619-141415.jpg
    Screenshot_20200619-141415.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20200619_140513.jpg
    IMG_20200619_140513.jpg
    830 KB · Views: 198

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
IMG_20210210_192802.jpg

Shite photo

But it's away, got a particularly good offer on the clio and I decided to take it, it wasn't up for sale but I couldn't say no, so now I'm on the hunt for a liquid yellow Mégane 265/275 trophy, it could be a while before one of those comes up for sale so I'll buy myself a cheap run about (maybe a shed of a cliosport with a years mot 😂) but the clios been a blast for the past 5 or 6 years whatever it is now and it's come a long long way, it's not gone far as I've sold it to a mate so ill still be fixing it for a while I'm sure

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
The clios replacement is here
IMG_20210314_154830.jpg

Liquid yellow r26 F1 edition, Im the third owner, I was after a 265/275 trophy in liquid yellow but this will do until one turns up

got a great deal on it with some work needing done(hubs and timing)
put my order into ktec tonight for new hubs and wheel bearings, will get the timing sorted very soon but apart from that I think it's tidy and drives really well

Some photos that the previous owner got

Screenshot_20210313-182550.jpg
Screenshot_20210314-174034.jpg
Screenshot_20210314-174024.jpg
Screenshot_20210314-174008.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
No idea what nivem was lol.

Always fancied one of these them the 250 dropped and I bought a golf, obviously. One day hopefully I will get one (R26/250).

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Looks like a good buy. I prefer the way the mk2 meg drives over mk3, more raw feel.
For the price I got it for I'm over the moon, it feels great and can't wait to ge the hubs sorted out and a proper alignment, happy with the switch up and happier than I thought I'd be with the MK2, got a feeling it's gunna be sticking around for a while! I'll see you and your van at CSF 2022 @Brigsy ! 😂

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
No idea what nivem was lol.

Always fancied one of these them the 250 dropped and I bought a golf, obviously. One day hopefully I will get one (R26/250).
Only down side so far is that ktec want 330 a side for hubs and 80 a side for a wheel bearing, but it is what it is, I'll get the current hubs rebuilt and sold so it won't actually cost all that much in the end

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
It would appear that the Mégane forum is dead so I'm just gunna continue documenting the Mégane progress on here 🙃

Got it brand new swivel hubs from ktec with new wheel bearings and grease bolts to help future proof them a little, it's currently away getting its belts done and the hubs fitted! Buzzing to get it back

Then I can fit the carbon that's came for it in the meantime 🌚

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Big oof
IMG_20210419_171624~2.jpg

And it goes back in on Friday for
IMG_20210419_174806.jpg
but then itl be spot on! Just a few cosmetic fixes then I'll think about treating it to some nice bits, garage is also coming along nicely but I've got another thread somewhere I'll fire loads of photos up when I'm done, excited to get the plate onto the meg and get a nice photo of it side by side in the garage with the mx5 😍

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Grease bolts are well worth fitting mate, got them in both of mine. Worth checking the steering rack bush on the passenger side too whilst replacing tie rods.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Grease bolts are well worth fitting mate, got them in both of mine. Worth checking the steering rack bush on the passenger side too whilst replacing tie rods.
Cheers man Al have a wee look at that ! Can't wait for it to get all the bits done and get a good alignment

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Aye get a TFD bush in there whilst the track rod is out

If you need any Megane bits let me know 😂 Oh and get some Maxton bits on it! 👀
I've been advised this recently already so I guess it's a must now 😂, currently in the market for arch liners for all corners and the loom side abs plug.

And also b pillar trims if I can find a cheap set to send away to get skinned 😂

I had a look at the maxton splitter but I'm not a huge fan, Id like somethin a bit more moulded to suit the front instead of the flat lip, I don't think it looks quite right but I've never seen one in person to be fair!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I've been advised this recently already so I guess it's a must now 😂, currently in the market for arch liners for all corners and the loom side abs plug.

And also b pillar trims if I can find a cheap set to send away to get skinned 😂

I had a look at the maxton splitter but I'm not a huge fan, Id like somethin a bit more moulded to suit the front instead of the flat lip, I don't think it looks quite right but I've never seen one in person to be fair!
Ill have a look in my parts bins but not sure I have these bits

If not I have good mates like @Inferno182 that has Renault parts out his arse😂😂

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Ill have a look in my parts bins but not sure I have these bits

If not I have good mates like @Inferno182 that has Renault parts out his arse😂😂
Good to know man, I'll be after some bits once I get it back from the garage again this weekend, at least mechanically itl be A1 when I get it back, just a few wee cosmetic bits then a can machine polish the shite out of it 😍

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Several pennies and many new parts later all the warning lights are gone! Along with new steering arms and a suspension arm Woo!!
IMG_20210427_155949.jpg

Had a pikey alignment so it drives straight but I'll get booked info Dreadnaught soon for a big boi alignment

Which makes my biggest issues ; the clutch pedal clicking when you start to press it (does my fuckin tits in way more than it should 😂)

And there's a click from behind the steering wheel when you go from right lock back to centre. Not bad problems to have really, I'll get my private reg that was on the clio onto the Mégane soon along with the carbon door handles and bullets since it deserves it!

And once I've got a bit of time I'll machine it.
clean meg pics coming to this area soon

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Clicking clutch will most likely be wear on the pedal box mechanism. My Kangoo does it and its highly annoying.

Squib is probably causing the clicking when turning the steering wheel. The mrs meg also done it briefly then stopped so not worried about it since :LOL: