ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bent Jacking Point on Mk2 172

Hello all, ive had my 172 since september. I regularly clean the front of the alloys but thought Id also take them off to clean the backs. I usually use a trolley jack to jack up my cars but in this case it wouldnt go under the car.

I got the scissor jack out for the first time and succesfully used it on three out of the four jacking points without any probs. When I came to jack the car up on the offside front point, once the jack started to take the weight of the car the jacking point actually started to bend!!!!! Obviously i didnt jack it any further.

As the car had to go in for some other warranty work I also asked the dealer to check out the jacking point. The jacking point has now been rectified but Im not going to use it unless I have to!! I know of another MK2 172 that has had the same thing happen, not sure on which jacking point though.

As anyone else had this happen to their car or know of it happening?:mad:

Lionel Richie

Ive bent the same one on my car, i never use the jack under those holes, it just seems to be a weak area

I had the same problem on my car last week when I did a rotation!!!

Couldnt believe it!! I think i will get it sorted under warranty.... But still, how much weight do they really strip out of these cars?? I thought that the jacking point should be the strongest part of the underside???

:(

Paul