ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 182 car battery?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi need a replacement... what's the best brand to go for?

Also, searching on Halfords comes out with results of '63' size batteries, whereas a search on Euro Car Parts comes out with '75' :S this is both using my actual car reg btw.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
063 is the battery you want.

The make depends on your budget.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
They're all the same.

The only thing that differs is the guarantee that is stuck to the side of them.

A Halfords ultimate super battery is the same as a Halfords budget battery, just the stickers (and therefore the guarantee) is different.

I'll explain later a little more.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, bit more context.

Most battery manufacture is outsourced to a couple of manufacturers.

They basically make all the batteries for the whole market, regardless of the brand.

Now I used to work for a company that one of the above manufacturers further outsourced to.

We would regularly get orders to rebrand batteries from budget to premium, premium to budget, brand x to brand y etc.

So, they're all the same.

The only exception to that, are the ludicrously expensive specially designed ones, the name of which I can't remember.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Damn tried searching but that didn't come up!

Oh well last last I plumped for the Bosch S3... if it's only the warranty then that really doesn't bother me :)