ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 6.5" components with least hassle

After peoples recommendations on best 6.5" components that fit with least hassle and butchering as I understand some fit better than others etc after say upper mid range (alpine spr, kappa's rainbow etc

Before people say it yes will be using an amp not sure what yet but most likely an alpine pdx or similar

Thanks in advance alex

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I had JL in the rear of the Clio and MTX in the front, no issues fitting at all.

Listerine & Poledo
Stock 1*2 speakers are actually pretty decent, once you've got a proper headunit running them.
Upsizing to 17cm isn't going to make a massive difference to what you're after either

Honestly. speaker money would be better poured into a good quality underseat or boot-mount sub. Depending on your requirements for boot space and non-chaviness.

Shove one of THESE under your drivers seat and I expect you'll be happy with it

Thanks mate but I disagree I already have alpine head unit and already have jl audio 12w6 had focal k2 in previous car a well amp'd good quality components will make a big difference imo

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
No bud.

Just standard size, if your fitting larger speakers and using spacers i don't see any problems in fitting what you want.

Sounds like lots of hassle to me.

Listerine & Poledo
if you're going to stick an amp n, go for it. But the stock size is 13cm so you'll have to take some trimmers to the mounting holes.

But, for standard (aftermarket) head unit output, you're not going to get anything better than where you are now because the more chunky speaker will need more power to drive them. Power the HU doesn't have to give.

On my old 172, I did alpine headunit, stock speakers and a pioneer sub in the boot.
And it worked better than when I tried another clio that had probably 3x the money poured into the doors.

I guess it depends what you're trying to acheive. If you just want more mid-range, then yeah, go with components. But if you're looking to get more low-end and bass, then I'd say you're heading down the wrong path.

But hey, your car :)

No bud.

Just standard size, if your fitting larger speakers and using spacers i don't see any problems in fitting what you want.

Sounds like lots of hassle to me.

Hence my post as I have heard some fit better than other some need a little trim some need alot

if you're going to stick an amp n, go for it. But the stock size is 13cm so you'll have to take some trimmers to the mounting holes.

But, for standard (aftermarket) head unit output, you're not going to get anything better than where you are now because the more chunky speaker will need more power to drive them. Power the HU doesn't have to give.

On my old 172, I did alpine headunit, stock speakers and a pioneer sub in the boot.
And it worked better than when I tried another clio that had probably 3x the money poured into the doors.

I guess it depends what you're trying to acheive. If you just want more mid-range, then yeah, go with components. But if you're looking to get more low-end and bass, then I'd say you're heading down the wrong path.

But hey, your car :smile:

As stated in my original post I will be using an amp