ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best alternative to 182 cup pack oem springs

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys, what's the best alternative to standard OEM cup pack springs, I have had three OEM front spring failures over five years and have done only a few thousand miles, -and that's with careful driving too.
Considering the expense of Renault items, I'm a bit miffed to say the least,
I want to keep original ride height similar firmness? but I want a fit and forget alternative for the front.

M2 Comp
Eibach's are a popular choice. You have two options if you decide to go down that route. There's the Prolines, as mentioned above, that are very similar to the OEM springs and maintain the standard ride height. Then there's the Sportlines, which are a bit firmer than standard (yet offer a more compliant ride, apparently), but they do lower the ride height slightly.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the rapid responses
I did read up a bit beforehand on the prolines, was worried that they could be more firmer than the originals, which I already find a bit hard (consider that I am old fart and can do without too much spine jarring)

Hey guys, what's the best alternative to standard OEM cup pack springs, I have had three OEM front spring failures over five years and have done only a few thousand miles, -and that's with careful driving too.
Considering the expense of Renault items, I'm a bit miffed to say the least,
I want to keep original ride height similar firmness? but I want a fit and forget alternative for the front.
http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-172-coil-spring-front/
These don't snap like the 182 cup front springs blue/yellow paint mark.
They improve the ride quality and its difficult to see the 3mm difference excellent down the b roads. I have had eibach pro and sportline on genuine new shocks and they are both bouncy, Renaultsport knew what they where doing.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the advice guys.
Thought I would round up this thread in case anyone else happens upon it in the future.
I decided to go with the Eibach Pros in the end, both from the advice and price, I got a full set from Germany £120 delivered, just had to wait about a week for them.
I also decided to fit new shocks at the front at the same time as these were very resonable priced from Renaulcarparts Wolverhampton, (£83 pr. delivered), will get rear shocks later when I have saved a few more pennies.
Must say, so far I am pleased with the springs, ride height appears similar to before although only done a few miles so far and probably will settle a bit more over time. The ride feels much the same as before perhaps just a tad less harsh (roads are absolutely terrible round here so good testing ground), but overall feels better because of new front shocks (I guess)