ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best cleaning results I've got yet...

Only had 1hr 1/2 spare this weekend so until this evening I was driving round in a reasonably dirty car compared to most people...everyone else in the country seemed to have got the hose or buckets out.

Anyway, I got started this evening and managed to finish just before the sun disappeared, wasn't expecting much from a reasonably quick clean but I managed to get a lot done. Turned out to be the best clean its ever had in terms of the overall paint finish, didn't get to do the little details but the paint is the best its been. The only thing I used different to normal was the Chemical Guys Extreme Bodywash and the Hard Core Paste Wax which I recently purchased and used instead of my normal Megs NXT products, so I assume thats the source of my cars newly found shine.

Pics don't really do it justice as the sun was as good as gone...

64972891-M.jpg

64972872-M.jpg

64972879-M.jpg

Chemical Guys Extreme Bodywash
Chemical Guys Hardcore Paste Wax
AG Glass Polish
AG Engine & Machine Cleaner (wheels)
Meguiars Endurance Gel (tyres)

Interesting observation: With tyre shine products I've noticed that the Michelin Exalto's always come up much nicer than the Continental Contacts, in the bottom pic above the rear is a Michelin and the front a Conti at the moment, the Michelin looks far better in the real world.

Jay said:
Very nice, lovely example.

Is that a carbon spliter I see?

It is indeed, original one came off on the Motorway so I got the K-Tec one and fitted it myself, only this time with more than 3 screws or whatever the hell Renault used when fitting the original (sellotape?!)

Here is a better pic from when I was fitting it...

24749969-M.jpg

106 GTi
Car looks great - nice work, must try out some of the shampoo, Alan says its really good. Not a big fan of the Megs NXT range here, shampoo seems harsh and wax is apin on and off and durability is poo, I do like the metal polish tho

Know what you mean about the pictures, been struggling to capture mine all weekend, and fully agree on the Exaltos and tyre dressing come up better than any other tyres I have had, thing its the smooth sidewall.

Rich said:
Car looks great, must try out some of the shampoo, Alan says its really good. Not a big fan of the Megs NXT range apart from the metal polish.

Know what you mean about the pictures, been struggling to capture mine all weekend, and fully agree on the Exaltos and tyre dressing come up better than any other tyres I have had, thing its the smooth sidewall.

Shampoo was great, if desperate I think you could easily get away with just a quick Shampoo and nothing else with that stuff and to the untrained eye it would look excellent, could never say the same thing about the NXT Shampoo I have as it always seemed like half a job.

Car looks ok from a distance but I'm not entirely happy with it, small stone chips around the front seem to be appearing daily and the bottom of the arches are getting really messed up by stones and stuff. My missus couldn't see any of it but I'm picky! Done 14k since last May so its to be expected I suppose.

ukaskew said:
Shampoo was great, if desperate I think you could easily get away with just a quick Shampoo and nothing else with that stuff and to the untrained eye it would look excellent, could never say the same thing about the NXT Shampoo I have as it always seemed like half a job.

Car looks ok from a distance but I'm not entirely happy with it, small stone chips around the front seem to be appearing daily and the bottom of the arches are getting really messed up by stones and stuff. My missus couldn't see any of it but I'm picky! Done 14k since last May so its to be expected I suppose.

front of mine and bonnet is peppered with stone chips, your bound to get them.

by bottom of arches, do you mean like in frotn of the rear wheels where it flares out?? mine has a lot of stone chips there :(

GuyS said:
good work mate :)

im not a fan of the megs nxt range either.

It did the job but considering what it cost that wasn't really enough. I noticed it instantly with the new wax as well, whilst the NXT gave pretty good results, the stuff I used today was instantly and obviously much better.

GuyS said:
by bottom of arches, do you mean like in front of the rear wheels where it flares out?? mine has a lot of stone chips there :(

Yeah totally, thought it was an odd place to pick up chips, would have expected it to be behind the rear wheels if anything. Thats easily the worst area of my car, it looks better after a good clean and wax but soon comes through again. Not even sure if Scratch X will do any good on it.

106 GTi
Shampoo does sound a worthy buy then, been using Sonax because of the finish it gives, and it allowing you to get away with just a wash. Not ordred any products for a while so will place an order I think on all the reviews on here. I have had a bottle of NXT wash for about 2 years now and still have over half left, that shows how much I like it!

Stone chips sound a nightmare though :( Now the area you mean, thats why the trophy lot had some of that film made up in a group buy.

The shampoo is pretty impressive and its when you wash after using the XXX Hardcore paste wax that you see the difference
The shampoo will be coming in this week in 32oz sizes to make it more economical

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
ukaskew said:
No, couldn't part with S25 in the end and after the Valver buying experience (or lack of) I'm terrified to go and look at any more cars!

ah you wont regret your decision