ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best deals on 205/45/16 tyres at the moment

ph1 172
I'm currently in the market for 4 of the above tyres. Been running 15's but going back to 16's and finding tyres a little harder to source.

Anybody know of any good deals at the moment? I'm fancying PE2/3's but considering hankook, continental etc.

I have searched and found a costco deal on PE2's but nearest branch is Leeds and don't have a card.

Thanks.

ph1 172
Yeah PE3's are £126 fitted each on black circle and £117 (not fitted) on camskills. Is that the going rate? I'm used to cheapy 15" prices;)

Maybe should look at some 195 prices. Just fancied trying 205s

Clio Sport 182
Camskills have the michelin for about £112 i think. I'm going to try an experiment tomorrow with some tyres recommended to me. I'm very fussy about what i use on my cars, but because my car isnt going to be used much over next 12 months, i'm gonna stick some budget tyres on it. I've got a set of Neuton NT5000's to try. They'll be up against stiff competition from the Michelin PS3's presently fitted. The PS3's dont last long. I havent got 10k miles out of my front ones! The Neutons are only £47 each. Fitting them tomorrow so watch this space for feedback.

LY R26 #288
Kumho tyres seem to be underrated.

I wanted KU31's but my tyre place could only get KH17's which I went for and they've lasted a good 6 months and they grip really well. Only something like £70 a corner. I must have done atleast 8-10k miles on the fronts and their just about ready to be changed.

ph1 172
Yeah considered toyo's, just fancied some PE3's but resent paying double what I'm used to paying for 15's (tight northerner).

Just looking at 195s on camskill and Rainsports are only £67. Heard good things about these. PE3s are also £91 for 195s.

Can anyone explain the speed ratings as contintentals have quite a few different ones and I liked these originally fitted to the cups.

Clio Sport 182
And i hate t1r's but lots of people think they're great. I run R1R's on my track fiesta and they are very very impressive. Wet and dry! If you can afford the r1r's i'd fit them everytime.

ph1 172
And i hate t1r's but lots of people think they're great. I run R1R's on my track fiesta and they are very very impressive. Wet and dry! If you can afford the r1r's i'd fit them everytime.

I imagine there similar to paradas which I've ran before and quite liked. Just fancied something abit more premium/all rounder this time.

Yeah read good reviews on the r1r's but overkill for roaduse no doubt and just shy of r888s.