ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best exhaust for my cup ?

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Could someone tell me what they think is the best system for the cup, and do they all drone i.e magnex 3/4k on the m25 i cant hear myself think its that bad , thanks mark .

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Well I just fitted a KTec Stealth cat back system to my cup this morning. Took me under 2 hours. You need an angle grinder as for some reason Renault put a single piece of pipe under the car that requires the rear beam to be dropped out to remove in one piece.
Stealth sounds nice and quiet. Excellent system with just a bit more bass as you go through the rev range.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
yeah ollzie has a custom stealth. remember in it soundin well sweet.. if u can afford it, its definately worth the cash cos u can get it sounding as you like it..

me on the other hand is after an ashley or magnex and apparently their both loud from what ive read..

172cup
3doorpete said:
You need an angle grinder as for some reason Renault put a single piece of pipe under the car that requires the rear beam to be dropped out to remove in one piece..

eh?? Don't recall needing an angle grinder when i changed my exhaust a couple of weeks back?! Whats that all about?

172cup
oh... and ive got a prospeed full system & janspeed decat on my cup.

Too Loud.... but everyone else likes the way it sounds. I just love the way it looks.

172 Cup SOLD
d.brown said:
eh?? Don't recall needing an angle grinder when i changed my exhaust a couple of weeks back?! Whats that all about?

we didnt need one either when mine was fitted two weeks ago?!

RenaultSport Cup 172
Im Sure if you explained that you got your interest from here then Nigel would sort it.
BF 01695733100

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Do Renault sale the exhaust that is actually used in the Clio Racing series?

106 Rallye owners all have the Group N PeugeotSport exhaust :)

Seat Leon Cupra 290
nah i asked that years back when looking at clio when i had a rallye,

i think the orbisound one is near to group n as your getting but mucho dollar!

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Dan x2c said:
we didnt need one either when mine was fitted two weeks ago?!

Well - unless I wanted to drop the rear beam out there was no way a system that was one piece from the cat back, was going to come out in one piece as there is a kink that takes it over the beam.

Mine had just started with the 4k rattle after a spirited drive on a bumpy country lane (a few days after I bought it :rolleyes: ) so I just cut it in two with a grinder and took the pipe off that way. The Ktec system is in 3 pieces so no probs fitting.

CTR--VX220D
FredYozzasport said:
there's only 2 decent exhausts on the market...... i haven't heard them metioned yet.....

Fred I think im up for your offer of you having my Mk1 172 [when I get it] for you to create a cat back for it ;)

BMW
Fred,

How you can say the Supersprint is not one of the best is beyond me. Joe at BTB highly rates them as being one of the best made and well tested exhausts around.

We do alot of business with BTB in the BMW market - very tasty stuff!

I don't know much about your exhaust and why it's the best but I'm sure this would be a good time to give me a bit of detail.

Cheers
M

i personally think the yozza one LOOKS pretty gash to be honest and hangs really low but not taking anything away on build quantity

BMW
Why not just get the Supersprint one?

I have no idea about the Yozza one and am not knocking it in anyway.

You can have a quick look at what's available from Supersprint on one page here on our online shop -

http://82.110.105.30/xsperformance.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=137_138_143_236

The fit and finish is easily the best I've ever seen. Supersprint test everything to extremely high standards and every car goes on the dyno and it has to make more power than stock. Their system gives just over 5bhp gains on a 172 which is extremely good for just an exhaust on a NA car.

Just my 2pence.

M

Lionel Richie
our's is based on the Supersprint race system, seeing as its no longer being produced we thought we'd carry the torch onwards (it may have since gone back into production)

it has its faults, we've tried to remove all the faults of the suspersprint out of our system

Lionel Richie
the rear silencer blew out its packing after about 12months, the pipe connections (the little built in alen screws) siezed, and the rear pipe into the rear box wasn't the best design (hence the reason why ours sits as it sits)

apart from that it was awesome, but as i say they stopped making the race systems for the clios (63.5 and 70mm dia)

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Has anyone got any pics of a supersprint on a 172 ,i keep hearing how good they are but ive never seen one . thanks

throttle bodied mk2 172
FredYozzasport said:
the rear silencer blew out its packing after about 12months, the pipe connections (the little built in alen screws) siezed, and the rear pipe into the rear box wasn't the best design (hence the reason why ours sits as it sits)

apart from that it was awesome, but as i say they stopped making the race systems for the clios (63.5 and 70mm dia)
how did you get the mufflers inside same as supersprint.you should be f**king rich to make better bacbox than supersprints one

Lionel Richie
what the suspersprint race one that blows out its internals??? its happened on quite a few of them

hence why ours is also repackable!

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Thanks for the link but has anyone got the road going one on their 172 !
pics, please please please .

cup 182 mit stripes
That Supersprint looks the biz, but how can the price be justified?

The cat alone is over £700. Once you had a full system fitted you'd be poorer £1500.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
here u go mate, not a supersprint etc.
got mine from longlife, excellent sound/workman ship and it makes the car feel better to!
as its custom u can spec what u want, quiet loud etc!
i had a mid sport(cat back system with one box at the end) see pics

e39ee217.jpg

got them to cut the bumper and i bought a 182 suround to make it look that much neater!
P1000293.jpg

here is a couple of vids, sounds not brilliant but you can sort of get the idea

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/davosilvercup/car%20vids/?action=view&current=exhaust3.flv

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/davosilvercup/car%20vids/?action=view&current=exhaust1.flv

davo