ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best fast road pads

Skoda Fabia vRS

they must be low dust, the best ones ive tried so far are Ferodo DS Performance however they produce too much dust for my liking...

current favourites are Pagid and Mintex, not sure which to go for, both are supposed to be low dust, and both are supposed to be good pads

any good pad will make noise and dust.....end of.

You talking about std road replacements?

Skoda Fabia vRS

not bothered about noise Ben, and yes im talking about standard replacements, an 845 pad in ferodo terms

and they dont have to be ultra low dust like EBC Green Stuff, just not produce tons of the stuff, normal Ferodo pads i can cope with, dont mind the dust off those

well, ive used the plain old ferodos from halfords, actually they are still on my car i think, i dunno.

Work perfectly fine, done track days on them..........dust......havent noticed TBH........

now that the cars on black wheels, i dount id notice it at all.

Caddy Maxi

no good pads dont cause dust! if you understand how braking works you could see that! pagid fast roads arent too dusty but do cause more than a normal pad, ds2000s are about the same bu8t a little crap when cold.
personally id run pagids

Pagids, have done trackdays on thm wiht no fade, althought after 3k miles, or 2 months worth of use and no trackdays on them (use track wheels) wihtout cleaning the car the wheels are looking a little black

Skoda Fabia vRS

dust isnt THAT important, however i really cant put up with the amount of dust the DS Performance pads put out, im not heavy on my brakes at all by any means, and after 2 days use the wheels were completely black

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

i have run ds2500, very good.
pagid fast road, not bad.... better than road pad
PF 97, awesome pads.... bit of noise..... but BITE!

Andy

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 06 August 2005

i have run ds2500, very good.
pagid fast road, not bad.... better than road pad
PF 97, awesome pads.... bit of noise..... but BITE!

Andy
AGREE

For fast road DS2500 are the best - 0 noise low dust fine from cold.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Oh yes, I have these all round and they have been great at the ring and many trackdays.

Far Far better than std.

Skoda Fabia vRS

well ive gone and bought Pagid F/R as i got em very cheaply

bought Brembo Max discs too but the anti rust coating on one of em was sprayed all to c**k so im gettin a replacement on Monday

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea i know, but it stops the edges getting rusty and it had collected on the disc surface which would be in contact with the pad, it wasnt just in the wrong place it had collected and was raised up about 1mm in quite a large section of the disc

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Does anyone run Tarox fast road pads? They are supposed to be good from cold but dont know what the dust is like from them.

I will be getting some this week to put on the fronts and probably just stick Halfords jobbies on the back.

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 07 August 2005

Does anyone run Tarox fast road pads? They are supposed to be good from cold but dont know what the dust is like from them.

I will be getting some this week to put on the fronts and probably just stick Halfords jobbies on the back.
Tarox wear out fooking quick!

If were you, get a direct line to hafords or similar because youll be phoning them for replacements before you know it!

Skoda Fabia vRS

never tried the fast road, but the TarOx rally pads need warming up to get the best from them

I wasnt impressed with the fast road ones - TBH they seemed no better than std halfords/motor factor ones (for dust or braking perf.) yet were more expensive.

Best ive had were some kevlar pads from k-tec...reasonably low dust and seem to have more bite/less fade than tarox or std pads.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Ferodo DS2500 - done 10k 3 trackdays 2 ring trips and they are about 50% worn.

Get them they are the best Fast road pad - low dust, great from cold and lots better than standard when warm - cheeper than Pagids with the same performance. Get them you wont be disapointed.

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 07 August 2005

Tar-ox are pants stick with the big names.

BMW 320d Sport

I used to use Ferodo DS2000 and they were great pads, but as you noticed, they are very dirty. I use Mintex 1155 at the moment, and they are noticeably cleaner, you need more pedal before they bite but they are very tough, Ive never had any fade with them at all.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 07 August 2005

thats the thing though, i need bite from first use, i dont really hammer my brakes
DS2500 - its the only choice