ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Ipod car connection

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well i am finally taking the plunge and purchasing an ipod, and am wanting the connection kit for the car

best please? reasons for this?

cheers in advance

FF 182 w/cup packs
are you keeping the standard head unit? i have a dension one connected to the standard head unit and it works great, really pleased it. if you are changing the head unit then i recommend the alpine set up as it seems to work best, my girlfriend has a nano with a sony headunit and it has a few problems, the same with my mate and his pioneer one.

106 GTi
Worth doing a search on Dension or Connects they are the solutions for later cars, not sure weather they fit the earlier standard headunit.

Other than that most aftermarket head unit suppliers do there own systems to connect.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
just get a cheap AUX-in one. means the ipod connects from the headphone socket in the ipod to the headunit. then just change tracks from the ipod. you can get headunits for about 60 quid that have them. save some moneys

ValverInBits
Wow, just looked at those connects2. Last time i looked at these they were like £200 now they are £60!

ValverInBits
just get a cheap AUX-in one. means the ipod connects from the headphone socket in the ipod to the headunit. then just change tracks from the ipod. you can get headunits for about 60 quid that have them. save some moneys

+1

When you consider controlling the ipod from your head unit....an then consider how that is going to be done. Unless you have under 25 artists, it's going to be shocking bad.

don't leave the ipod in the car overnight. :nono:they dont like the cold. trust

ValverInBits
Just ordered one of these...

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/i...100_iPod_Car_Kit/Renault_ice>Link_Gateway_100

Fookin pricey (xmas prezzie from my mum) but the best solution imo. ipod can be tucked away from the scallys view in the glove box. This is the new version of the one Rich has. Should arrive tomorrow and will be fitting it as soon as.

says on the ad for this:
Directly controls iPod · Start/stop at selection/deselection of CD Changer source
· Next/Back, FF/REW, Random/Repeat/Scan (if radio supports)
· Direct access to the first 5 playlists by selecting Discs

Now Does that mean that it will only play music added in the 1st 5 playlists. Bet it does. My dads audi has an ipod intergration system. That only plays music stored in the playlists named 1,2,3,4,5,6 and doesent show names and tends not to play them in any order i can work out, it's turd

106 GTi
Buttons 1-5 allow you to pick the first 5 on the ipod - Button 6 gives you full access to choose any other ones on there.

clio 172 exclusive n
i use the alpine head unit with my ipod and 172

its got orange lights and fits perfect so it looks like it could even be an original :)

it cam with an ipod lead for around 130 pounds

paid an extra 60 pounds and got steering wheel remote control now when i plug in my ipod i can skip folders tracks volumes etc with the steering remote and my ipod in the glove box :) very good sound from the alpines as well much better then standard allthough i did change the 7 year old door speakers as well -- only to a set of kenwoods but they sound much nicer and only cost 55 pounds for 4x speakers and 10 mins to fit which was a nice suprise

id defo recomend the alpine headunit with steering wheel remote adapter and alpine lead it works with the new 80 gb and 160gb classic ipods as well which ive read some pioneer and jvc have troubles with

just my 2 cents

nice 1

ps
i hated ipod because of all the press hype etc but i got one the other day and its the best mp3 vid player ive had

i got the 160gb version and its only got 20gb left its jammed with great tunes and over 30 full videos :) when i go on holiday ill take my tv out cable and hey presto ill have my movie collection for on the go sweet :) defo worth getting one they do the 80gb for 140 quid in currys/comet at the min cant be bad :) get an extended warranty though i got an argos one for 3 years for 40 quid pc world do good deals with extended warranty as well :)

nice1

clio 172 exclusive n
ill upload some later to my photo bucket account mate and add up a link it does look pretty cool well happy with it

theyve taken the ipod lead drilled a tiny hole in my glovebox roof ,fed it through so know i have a proper ipod connection in glovebox :) quite neat as well had to have dash off but they had to do this when they done the alpine steering remote adapter pics up later

i had a phugly dvd headunit in there before but it sruck out , lit up blue and didnt look great against all the orange lights in the clio so i hunted out a orange lit headunit with ipod connection and found this :)

pics up later mate

A4 Avant & A3
I used a Denison Ice Link plus in my clio, & worked a treat..
Actually really miss it now i have a different car..

ph-reebone
**i have the Denison sat in it's box if you want it??? (i had a phase 2 172 though, so don't know if it'll fit yours?)

Mito Sportiva 135
Alternative is to get a new HU with a digital connection. This is better IMO as you can read the song names and artists etc on the LCD screen, as obviously the standard audio system doesn't have one.

I have a Sony one, and the cable comes through the glovebox for the iPod. Definitely a worthwhile mod, mine cost about £200 I think, probably cheaper now.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
so does anyone know whether the dension pack spoke of above will fit my phase 1 standard headunit as it cam from a phase 2 standard headunit

cheers for all the info so far guys

172 Race Car
Does it say tuner list or update list on it?

According to the site it says fits 2000 year on. mines not arrived yet, backordered. Hopefully next week sometime.

172 Race Car
Got my Denison now, very easy install but very diffiult to read the instructions. once u figure it out (had to get my tecno savvy bro to help) it has LOADS of features and is a very clever unit. Sound quality is excelent and its a totaly hidden system with nothing on show for the skanks to have.

If u havent got anything by the next meet Neil I'll let u have a play, we could even stick it in your car to try it out

106 GTi
Will have to have a look at the later unit at a meet sometime as the origional one is not packed with may features. I am waiting till they update it so it works with my iphone at the moment then I will upgrade.

172 Race Car
Thats why i bought the denison coz i saw yours and thought, perfect!

This new version tho can access artist, album, playlist, all, etc also expandable to have bluetooth handsfree, keep oem cd changer, a/v output for video ipods. very clever unit.....