ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best laptop?

mk2 1.2 16v
was just wanting some opinions on the best laptop to get. i'm starting at dundee uni in september and need a pretty good one as its going to have to last me 4 years. lookin ideally for it to play dvd's and music etc. since that will save me takin dvd players, hi-fi's and tellys up to dundee lol. i dont know much about this stuff, but iv heard sony vaios are good.
any advice/ opinions are welcome :)

Better than yours. C*nt.
VAIOs aren't going to uni laptops... far too much money spent on it's looks. Get a Dell Inspiron - great VFM.

Leon Cupra R 225
Dell Inspiron, Toshiba Satellite maybe, not too great on lappies, I'm a dektopper through an through

MY10 R35 GTR
im got a fujitsu siemans amilo laptop.

Would be ideal for uni, loads of storage, grat for playing dvds and music

Don't get an Acer, I hate mine with a passion!

The battery's are rubbish and it's already been back twice with a broken charging pin :mad:

mk2 1.2 16v
cheers for the replies.
yeh i'v looked at a dell inspiron and it's about the same spec as the vaio but alot cheaper. thought they were meant to be unreliable tho and am a bit worried it wont last the course lol. will need to check out fujitsu seimens aswell.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i've got a Compaq Presario V6000 if you're interested ... have a look on google ;)

172 soon!!
i got a samsung q35 for uni and it is the nuts. The most important thing to look at, that most people forget, is to look at the battery life. everyone looks at processor, ram etc, but this thing lasts about 5 hours, and for travelling to and from uni, taking into uni- there are loads of times I have been so grateful that I havent got one that lasts an hour!!!!!