ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best memory card for Canon Eos 1100D?

Za**** & Xr250R
Hi

Just bought a 1100D and only have 2gb memory card's from my old Dslr so need to get some decent one's asap i was adviced from the dude in Jessops to go for a 8bg memory card but it cost's £40.95, apparenltly i won't get the best out of my camera unless i buy this can anyone confirm this?

I don't mind paying the cash but just wanted to see if the dude was punting for business or whether he was genuine.

Thanks in advance :)

2.2 bar shed.
Whatevers cheapest tbh. It'll take longer to get photos off and clear the buffer but the extra time really isnt all that much.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a cheapo 16gb SDHC off eBay £11 iirc, it's apparantly class 10 and yeah it does transfer images over to the computer super quick, but when recording 1080p HD video it cuts out because it can't handle the write speed of the video :(

I'd definitely get Sandisk or Transcend, best quality and cards are so cheap that its hardly worth saving a few quid and getting a lower quality one.
You'll find them a lot cheaper online than Jessops. I just bought some Sandisk 8GBs for much cheaper than that. Just be aware of fakes at 'unknown' online places that seem to have amazing deals!

koi

Audi S1
As above the Sandisk extreme are what I use.

100% do not buy memory cards from ebay, too many fakes kicking about, stick to reliable sources.

Oil Burner
Personally i normally loose a card and need a replacement quickly, so walk into the closest place that sells them and buy the cheapest semi decent branded one. I only ever notice the read speeds when im downloading huge numbers of photos. And i honestly dont hit the write buffer on the 1d (10 fps/jpg) very often at all. Im certainly not paying £40 for a card to get a few extra photos a year. Especially when i will probably leave it somewhere after a few months.

I have got to buy a class 10 card for my new gopro toy. Buying cheap once again though!

Personally i normally loose a card and need a replacement quickly, so walk into the closest place that sells them and buy the cheapest semi decent branded one. I only ever notice the read speeds when im downloading huge numbers of photos. And i honestly dont hit the write buffer on the 1d (10 fps/jpg) very often at all. Im certainly not paying £40 for a card to get a few extra photos a year. Especially when i will probably leave it somewhere after a few months.

I have got to buy a class 10 card for my new gopro toy. Buying cheap once again though!

WHY?

The sandisk extreme is £17 - that's only just over £1 per mb. It's cheap but reliable, bullet proof and fast
The chinese replica/ebay shite is really awful

Oil Burner
I've never seen a sandisk in a highstreet retailer for under £30. If i did i would probably buy it. 2 of my CF cards are Sandisk extremes, equally about 4 of my other cards are random makes from Lexar to Kingston. I have 1 Sandisk CF i bought with my first camera from Currys, which failed so got binned. Hence i dont care about cards anymore.