ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Panel Filter for 182

Going to Le Mans with a porsche, s2000, tvr350, z4 so need to make a bit more noise. which one is best in terms of sound gains performance gains and a combination of both and anyone recommend a good online retailer?

Remapped derv Golf

Ive got an ITG from zorbas group buy. Hell know the retail - I cant remember.

Its really improved the car alot but its not made a massive difference to sound and performance.

The car really just ticks over better and its torque feels a little stronger. Also its not as annoyingly jerky when the engine is cold. Generally the engine in just breathing better.

If you want sound youre gonna have to get an I/K I reckon.

Yeah. Been doing a bit of research and your spot on - dont want to go with an IK because of warranty etc, etc. So may well just invest in an ITG panel and a CD of engine noises!

Remapped derv Golf

An IK wont affect the warrenty unless theres a problem with the air system (so to speak)

Depends on the dealer though.

Remapped derv Golf

Maybe its different on the 182 because of the different exhust but I cant say ive noticed a massive difference on the 172. A little bit maybe.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Got one from Zorba myself. Didnt quite fit snuggly as I had hoped, but after I trimmed a few of the rubber edges down, it was ok.

Id agree with Adam - it feels smoother overall throughout the rev range. Also, I immediately got 1mpg more on the dash display. Could be coincidence with the engine freeing-up though... That alone will justify the cost over a few months...

No noticable noise difference. Though I got my car in December so the windows were always up, so I couldnt really hear it breathe. One of the best sounding ones Ive heard was The Docs 172 - sounded very whistlely.

D.

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio182 on 12 May 2005

ITG all the way, Ive found in 4th mine has a nice roar but nothing like an IK
Yeah mine too, gear 4th 2-3000 revs Very nice! :D I fitted my ITG 2 weeks after having my 182.

try ITG direct or K-tec racing

its well worth it, but allow for a tenner to get star spanners if you havent already got any

i fancy a ITG too- are we sure it dosnt effect warrenty and insurance?

oh does it not make any extra nosie? thats a bummer, what if the cold air feeds to the air box was changed?

Yes, my friends Pug206 ITG Maxogen kits filter (just the filter part) has the same part number as Pipercross. I think what ITG do is mainly the carbon section and the frame.

Mk2 172 (Silver)

ian, speak to BRUN as hes looking at sorting an order of these, although that might just be for a pick up at FCS if your coming?

ITR UKDC2

Tom as the others have already said ITG i great!

they are good for 20k+ miles and the main gains are the revs are better and the MPG. Not so much the sound. my MPG is 36.5 on average

panel filters are for people that want gains but dont want to put a wopping great IK which the insurance companies hate. the clio MK2 infact has a good airintake so there is no real need for IK. but its a personal choice.

it will also save you a packet when you take the car in for a service. Renault will fleese you for a panel filter which they change i think every 12 k.

when you remove the renualt panel filter you will see that all it is, is yellow posted notes stuck together.....LOL

Remapped derv Golf

Im always worried that renault will take out the ITG and throw it in the bin when they service the car!

Im only taking my Cup to Renault once this November because of the warrenty but I get my uncle to do everything else. Oil changes,etc

Clio 197

I got myself a Green Cotton panel filter, and Im very pleased with it.

All down to personal choice I suppose...

I got a nice discount and nxt day delivery from Demon Tweeks.

Got a Pippercross filter on order from Motorworld. Should be here any day now. They are apparently one of the best makes, but Im new to all of this stuff.

They are really easy to fit... few screws and a direct replacment. Think retail is about £45.

I am really please with the ITG I got with Zorbas group buy...

I have also kept the original Renault filter to put back in when the car goes in for a service, the ITG also comes with a sticker that says "Performace filter fitted, dont throw away" or something like that.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 18 May 2005
I have also kept the original Renault filter to put back in when the car goes in for a service, the ITG also comes with a sticker that says "Performace filter fitted, dont throw away" or something like that.
Why would you put the original one back in for the service? Do you not trust them to leave it alone?

172 cup

I have an ITG filter and im well happy with it. Didnt get one of those stickers tho. When my car goes in for its next service ill maek a point of telling them not to change it and make my own label for the filter box in case they forget.