ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best PC to go for out of the following?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi brother's about to pull the trigger on a PC and is driving himself mad trying to choose one, he's sent me 3 and asked me to post up what you guys think is the one to go for...

Number 1:

Brand new - non-branded
i7 4770K Quad Core 3.5 GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
2TB
No OS included

£467

Number 2:

Brand new - non-branded
i7 4790 Quad Core 4.0 GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz
1TB
No OS included
Nvidia GTX 750 GDDR5 EVO 1Gb

£486

Number 3:

Ex-display Acer
i7 4770 3.4 GHZ
12GB RAM DDR3
3TB
Windows 8 included
Nvidia GTX 645 2Gb

£600

if #2 is a 4790k then that's the one i'd go for, if however its not then go for number 1 and upgrade the ram for not a lot of money as the gfx card of #2 isnt great and you'll want to upgrade that at some point too. Although im very very surprised that anyone is offering a 4770k with 4gb ram along side it :S

Don't ever buy an Acer or any other branded pc with high specs, you'll only wish you hadn't further down the line when you find they don't really give you a motherboard worth anything.

of the unbranded stuff do you know anything about the make/model of motherboard and other components?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Oh well went to talk to my brother this morning and he said he bought the Acer as there was only one left lol... never mind, personally think it looks alright, he managed to knock them down further on the price too. At the end of the day all he really does is go on Betfair! Still overkill imo, but he just got a bit obsessed with specifications :rasp:

Ahh fair enough, sounds like he wont use those sort of specs anyway.

tbf the only real down side to branded stuff is changing up components etc when you need to upgrade stuff.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah only thing I'd want to add to that would be an SSD really, it's one of those things I think where once you have one you can't go back!