ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best performance mods for My mk3 1.5dci 106bhp

Clio 1.5 dci
I recently bought a 1.5 dci Clio. It is the 106 bhp version and I have had it remapped to 136. I was just wondering what people think are the best mods for power gains? Any advice would be welcome

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If you want to go faster then the best thing to do is decent tyres, uprated brake discs + pads and suspension.

I would usually suggest in that order followed by the power increase.

Clio 1.5 dci
If you want to go faster then the best thing to do is decent tyres, uprated brake discs + pads and suspension.

I would usually suggest in that order followed by the power increase.
Cheers mate, planning on doing the suspension next anyways. Sounds good to me tho

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You've had the easy stuff, now you've gotta decide if it's worth continuing or just selling as is and buying a 197.

The amount you'd have to spend to get a 1.5Dci 106 just upto a 197 would be staggering.

Reactions: T12

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Wrong car to be tuning for power. Enjoy the economy and cheap motoring

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well if you modify it you’ll have to declare it to your insurer and it’ll end up being just as expensive as insuring a 197, probably long before you get to 197 pace too.

Clio 1.5 dci
You've had the easy stuff, now you've gotta decide if it's worth continuing or just selling as is and buying a 197.

The amount you'd have to spend to get a 1.5Dci 106 just upto a 197 would be staggering.
Yea was just thinking of throwing a bigger engine in it next year. I know it ain’t cheap but I like the car and just think it’s a bit of fun eh

Clio 1.5 dci
Well if you modify it you’ll have to declare it to your insurer and it’ll end up being just as expensive as insuring a 197, probably long before you get to 197 pace too.
Yea yea was just asking what people think , like I said I’m new to all this

Clio 1.5 dci
I know it would cost a tone to have someone do it but could I get a 197 engine put into it?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Yea don’t really have a massive selection of cars at 18 only just got insured on this 1.5 Was just asking if there was anything people recommended.

Enjoy the economy for a couple of years, get some ncb and then buy a rs if you want more power (y)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If you don't then the police will do it for you, which isn't very cost effective.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I never declared mods as a youngster, now I’m old I do because it makes f**k all difference to my premium.

I wouldn’t bother chasing ‘power’ now. Possibly do the exhaust for some more noise and then just slam it in the weeds with some nice wheels and jobs a carrot. Possibly get a decent stereo, as well.

Try to do mods that you can take off and possibly sell to cut down on the amount you’ll lose when you eventually sell.