ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Ph1 172 Suspension kit

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
Having had mine for nearly a fortnight now and not being happy with the wobbly back end over bumpy ground I'm looking at spend £600ish on a full shocks and springs kit for it. I'd also like to get hold of new bushes all round in that price too if possible to tighten everything up a bit. I'm not keen on dropping it too much, 20-30mm max. So what do people recommend?

Brewster

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Koni yellows and Eibach sport/pro line for that price.

H+R for £700 plus another wedge for fitting is the next step.

Or personally new standard shocks with Eibachs is a good combo :)

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
I've heard the standard shocks don't last very long though :( I was assuming that was causing my bouncy, tail happy ride?

I've got some standard front shocks if you want them. They have only done 14k miles. £50

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
Hmm, I was assuming there was something seriously fubared with my suspension as when I go over smallish bumps the back end readily 'bounces' out one or two times. It was especially scary on a stretch of that concrete motorway. Almost fighting with it to hold a line! Seems fine on smooth tarmac, even when you really throw it into a corner. So would lightening my wallet to the tune of £600 sheets now not be advised.

Thanks for all the replies :)

IMO either stick with strock stuff as its better than most the cheap stuff out there or spend on H and R's etc.

I don't like KONI stuff much.

M2 Competition
Save up a little bit more and get h & r's / bilstein coilovers fella.

Well worth it, you'll only want them eventually anyways.