ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Place For Uprated Brakes?

Punto/Clio GTT
i want bigger discs and pads/calipers.

car is a mk1 1.4 (92/93)

15" wheels.

best place to order them online?

cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't know if they'l fit a 1.4, but 172 calipers/discs and pads all bolted straight onto my mk1 16v.

Punto/Clio GTT
yea that was my first thought, but im guessing im gonna have to change the entire thing to fit 16v/172 stuff, bottom arms and all that jazz, anyone confirm?

Inferno 225
G172 dose Good deals on brembo brakes and pads, I got my Front discs and pads (both brembo) for my 182 for 156, ask him fella

Lecky

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I don't know if they'l fit a 1.4, but 172 calipers/discs and pads all bolted straight onto my mk1 16v.

you had 172 hubs fitted IIRC??? 172 brakes don't fit non sports/mk1's

However, williams/valver calipers and disks bolt straight on to other mk1's and there's lots of pads available for those. I'd be going for Pagid disks and Mintex M1155 pads in williams calipers

Punto/Clio GTT
sweet cheers for the info. last question, would valver discs fit williams calipers or do i need to get willy spec discs?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
and if you're after some suspension, I have a lovely set of Spax coilovers that were on my RSI

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you had 172 hubs fitted IIRC??? 172 brakes don't fit non sports/mk1's

However, williams/valver calipers and disks bolt straight on to other mk1's and there's lots of pads available for those. I'd be going for Pagid disks and Mintex M1155 pads in williams calipers

Yes I did. But my williams had/has 172 brakes so I was unsure if the person who did that just bolted them straight on.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Yes I did. But my williams had/has 172 brakes so I was unsure if the person who did that just bolted them straight on.

well they defintely don't bolt straight on to williams hubs. I wanted to do it to the RSI-der