ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place to buy 172 Matched Inlets ? and Opinions from people with them fitted

I know this has probably been asked before but here goes.

I have a FF172 as some of you's know and i'm after some Matched Inlets for it.

I have seen that JamSport and Angelworks do them.

My next question is are these two companys as good as each other at matching them ?

Or does one company claim or have proven to gain more results than the other from them by the way they port an match them ?

And i guess the next question is.

What would they sting me price wise ?

I would be after and exchange for exchange basis ?

By that i mean. Get new inlets sent to me and fit them to car and then send back my old ones.

Opinions and views from people with inlets from either company would be appreciated and would be great if you could tell me what mods you have to go with them to get your current ppower output.

Cheers

Richard

Focus RS Mk1
i had mine done at jamsport, top guys.

a proven bhp increase and torque increase of 8bhp and 8lbft torque IIRC (7 or 8 cant remember)

Rolling roaded before , then after, same day within about an hour of each other.

Car pulls better and nicer to drive :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i hadnt driven my car for 6 months before i fitted mine so its kinda hard to do a before and after of them but it now pulls on my mates ek9 civic type R when it used to be about even.

i had mine done at jamsport, top guys.

a proven bhp increase and torque increase of 8bhp and 8lbft torque IIRC (7 or 8 cant remember)

Rolling roaded before , then after, same day within about an hour of each other.

Car pulls better and nicer to drive :)

Ok cheers,
How much did that sting you mate ?
What you done apart from inlets ?

i hadnt driven my car for 6 months before i fitted mine so its kinda hard to do a before and after of them but it now pulls on my mates ek9 civic type R when it used to be about even.

Sweet !!! :)
Is that not because of you 182 manifold though ?

Clio 1
Ek9 Nil :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had my 182 manifold before though it was about even with that fitted with exhaust and decat. only difference since is matched inlets :)

forgot to say mine are AngelWorks ones with They thermal gasket things lol

i had my 182 manifold before though it was about even with that fitted with exhaust and decat. only difference since is matched inlets :)

forgot to say mine are AngelWorks ones with They thermal gasket things lol

Ah ok.

How much were you for them and the gaskets ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i got mine 2nd hand on an exchange cant remember what i paid! deffo get teh gaskets, guy on here sells them think their around £25/£30 but again cant remember, search them think their called PTFF gaskets or something?!

Cheers Martin ;)

Were they a fucker to fit ?

As i heard one bolt beside the alternator is b*****d to get to :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah it was a c**t as the new gaskets were a little thicker, i couldnt be bothered pissing about taking the alternator off so i just wiggled it and hammered it n got there lol theres probbaly an easier way!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
JAM-sport highly recommended !

Much more driveable .. picks up much better from 2k, and goes like a rocket to the big numbers !!

Notable higher MPGs on a long journey .. (back from JAM-Sport compared with journey to JAM-Sport)

Two thumbs up from me ...

yeah it was a c**t as the new gaskets were a little thicker, i couldnt be bothered pissing about taking the alternator off so i just wiggled it and hammered it n got there lol theres probbaly an easier way!

Haha :)
So that side on yours will be leaking like a b**ch ?

clio 172
im told jam spot is best as they port right through the lower half, most just match the first 3mm where they meet between the upper and lower half and the head.
this is just what iv been told and not forced to be fact.
were looking forward to geting ours done!

TTRS & V50
Go to Jamsport, Angelworks will take forever and a day.

I took mine to Jamsport, and did RR before and after, i gained 7 or 8 bhp and 7 or 8 torque too.

Final price 200quid all in which inc ptff gaskets.. Great to be honest.

Bloody hell it may be JAM Sport then ?
They seem to be well recommended on here which is suprising as i thought Angelworks were the boys for matched Inlets ;)

Has anyone got a link to there website ?

How come ?

Have you had experience from all 3 ?

Nope just personal choice, Ben and the fella from APD seem very educated on this sort of thing. It may cost more but I think the price reflects the end product particularly when it comes down to something so intricate. All IMO of course :)

TTRS & V50
Very well educated, yes. But as for the rest, well. You need to go through customer experience.

I've tried both Angelworks and Jamsport, would choose Jamsport any day over Angelworks.

Spent near a grand with Angelworks, so i have decent experience.

All IMO of corse. But do try before you speak, as i heard people sing and dance about Ben untill i had the unfortunate experience with them.