ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Renault dealer in North West

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Servicing + warranty work. Any advice?

Dont mind travelling as long as the job is done proper and there are no arrogant c**ts to deal with!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Thanks for that, i work near there aswell, it was one i was looking at.

Please be one within 50 miles of my home! ..

Renault Chester should be kept wel away from unless your buying a car.

Renault Lewis Read on the Wirral are cheap for servicing I think. I have a discount card (probably cos I paid to much for my car) which gives you 10% of work first yr the 12.5 % and 15% each yr. Usless with warentyl work though and parking is a joke although even with all the space that have.

Otherwise theres Speed Six in Wrexham 36K dci service is ~£200 I think so quite realsonable and the best for warently work IMO

Reanult Lewis Read Liverpool has some good review never been in there its opposite Harry Ramsdons down by the docks and quite big.

Orange 182

Im taking mine into Renault Northwich tomorrow. My boss reckons they are pretty good but Ill let you know once theyve finished investigating my noisy gearbox.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I use Kitchens in Burnley and they seem to know what theyre doing...

I wouldnt really recommend Renault Manchester from past experiences in my first clio. Although that was 4 years ago. Just got another Renault so will be faced with this choice again, Renault Manchester is my closest dealer so I may give them ago. My mate uses Renault Manchester for his Megane and he is not too impressed. Renault Northwich, Stockport and Altrrincham are owned by Lookers so I would imagine there wont be much difference in them. I would be interested to see what peoples thoughts are on these dealers.

320d M Sport

alty = complete fools. honestly just dont take it. if u do it will come back out with something wrong with it. they park all the cars REALLY close together so youll get a nice dent in your door EVERY time u go as well.

dont say i didnt warn u!

Lookers Stockport - no chance. Sold me my lemon of a Cup, then were useless at getting it fixed. Ended up getting a solicitor, rejected the car, and got my money back (after a lot of discussion). No attention to customer service at all. Completely incompetent.

Leave them well alone.

Quote: Originally posted by adamcmoran on 07 April 2004

I wouldnt really recommend Renault Manchester from past experiences in my first clio. Although that was 4 years ago. Just got another Renault so will be faced with this choice again, Renault Manchester is my closest dealer so I may give them ago. My mate uses Renault Manchester for his Megane and he is not too impressed. Renault Northwich, Stockport and Altrrincham are owned by Lookers so I would imagine there wont be much difference in them. I would be interested to see what peoples thoughts are on these dealers.

Them monkeys at Renault Manchester serviced my brother megane once, got it home check their work and found out they didnt change the oil filter, so he went back and kick up a fuss at the reception, just to give you an idea of their work

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

All this is very reassuring ... not

Think i will do some asking around to see if someone knows someone who works at Renault who will look after my car. Always the best way I think, especially with what everyone has been writing above :(

320d M Sport

yeah but also remember that the RENO staff have been posting on here saying that the management always pull them off jobs to look at something else. could explain all the fook ups?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I rang Renault cus services the other day to register my car (import). Found the guy quite good on the other end, asked me if there was any problems with the car, how it was running etc.. Thought they might have been a bit funny with me because it was an import and i didnt buy it from a franchise.

Emma here:

I dont recommend Renault Manchester or Lookers Renault Sockport - had bad dealings with both of them.

Renault Manchester has worst customer car park ever - youre lucky if your car doesnt come back with a dent in it (ours did, twice - one of which required a respray on the back bumper, then of course they cover the car with overspray and it goes and on...). And of course they never fix the problem it goes in for - problem solve is phrase that doesnt exist within Renault. Could write an essay on the subject.

And Lookers Renault Stockport, well what a joke. Took our 1wk old car for some repsray work (dont ask - it arrived with paint defects - Belgian import) to their bodyshop place. Besides the fact that the respray job they did was shocking - massive bug runs of paint on the door, our brand new car arrived back with the interior absolutely trashed; totally filthy inside dirt, dust and grime over the ENTIRE interior - seats, floor, sterring wheel, doors, and they had destroyed the window seal too. Felt sick seeing our 1wk old car like this having waited 8 months for it!!! This was just the start of it all, again could write an assay on the subject of our dealings here!

You could say that weve been unlucky, but believe me our life has been a LOT more enjoyable since weve stopped taking our car to either of these places. Not sure who wed go to now if/when we needed to visit a Renault Dealer????

Emma

reno altrincham have been really good with me! always do the work well and on time.........................maybe im just lucky?

im glad none of u have mentioned the renault i work at lol! must be doing something right, yes we do get alot of work , and get pulled off to jump onto other jobs! really pisss me off that!!! i like my jobs to be spot on thats the way ive been trained! but unfortantly weve had a few err dud techys lol which are pretty useless!!

no warranty ppl dont get sh*t on, i do a fair bit of warranty work and there treated no different, we try to get every job done right first time u dont get a unhappy customer then, doenst matter what it is warranty or cash sale , thats not a outburst just pointing out :)

RS Megane DCi 175

Wigan isnt too bad, although theyre quite small meaning you need to book well in advance.
They arend bad for warranty work either, they actually fixed a problem with my windows that Renault Manchester couldnt fix after 2 failed attempts.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Not too keen on wigan. Think they got sick of seeing me when I first got the 172. You know its bad when the women on the desk knows your reg and surname. Always use dutton james in St Helens now. Can usually get booked in the same week and are cheapest for service.