ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best SD Card...

Mini Cooper S
For my Nikon D90?

Any ideas which one would be good? Been looking at the Extreme III but pretty expensive to say the least!

Answer's on a postcard....

Simon

Ian

Focus TDCi
Extreme III aren't that much more than Ultra II..? Couple of quid more for a 4Gb card, which is a decent size.

Edit: Sorry, I'm thinking of Ultra II comapred to the standard blue Sandisk cards. I agree with Clart then!

That guy looks okay but as a rule, I wouldn't risk eBay for cards. Lots of fakes about.

Also, the risk of a card going wrong is uber slim, but I wouldn't want 2000 pics on an 8GB card and it to die. I still roll with 2GB :eek:

LY 182 FF CUPPED
as Revs has said....be careful with large capacity cards......"eggs and BIG baskets"
I roll with 2 & 4gb max.
If you have a larger card, you get lazy and store loads of images where as smaller cards get dumped and formatted regularly.

Oil Burner
Alot of it depends on the MP of the camera.

A card that on my 40d wasnt allowing me to put too many of my eggs in one basket is now on my 50d not allowing me many eggs at all.

I feel that on the 50d i could move to a 8gb and only have the same number of eggs in a larger basket.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Aye, it's a fair point Nick, it is all relative. The D90 has a similar amount of MP's to my 450d so that's what I was basing it on.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
That guy looks okay but as a rule, I wouldn't risk eBay for cards. Lots of fakes about.

Also, the risk of a card going wrong is uber slim, but I wouldn't want 2000 pics on an 8GB card and it to die. I still roll with 2GB :eek:

I do too, but not for the same reason.

I always stick whatever photos I've taken on a media HD. When it becomes full, I simply format the SD card and start again.