ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best setup for crappy third world roads!

Hey guys i have an 04 172 and made the mistake of switching to 17s on 205\40 tires...as the title says, the streets here are sh*te and coupling that with the reduced rubber and stiff factory suspension i have had to replace several parts....

I have finally decided to go down to 16s with some 205\45 rubber, however i want to know what else i can do for coping with the bad streets...Are the adjustable koni dampers any good? Im thinking i could use them in the soft setting for normal driving and stiffen it up when i feel like playing a bit....also im not interested in lowering so would like to know if the dampers work fine with the stock springs....is this modification worth it?

any opinions and advices are greatly appreciated...

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Sounds like the roads in Northern Ireland to be honest, I have 17s and lowered 35mm on springs for now but it is by no means a comfy set up.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had Cobra coilovers & 17s on my dci Clio - no major loss of comfort even on bumpy roads. I loved them :)