ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best track/fast road pad?

Ph1 T
Looking to get some more pads for the ph1 got nearly New yellowstuff's in at the minute but don't rate them.

Only use the car to nip about will be using mainly on track

Had ds2500 in my 182 and they were really good, anything else to consider?

Ds3000?
pagid blue?
CL?
Mintex?

Opinions and cheapest place to get them from?

Dan

WRX
Go for 2500s again matey or possibly the new Brembo ones. Think G172 does the Brembos or Fred for 2500s

If it's purely for track then why not get proper track pads, not road pads like DS2500s.

PF97s are simply immense, I had them in the Clio.

DS2500s are meant to be very good, but not sure how they stand up to constant track usage.

Ph1 T
Where's best place to get the PF97's? I did a few days with the ds2500's and they were very good but also heard the 3000's are a lot better

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I am running DS300 pads in my 4 pots. Great brake pads,they even work well from cold. They will ruin wheels and bodywork though :dapprove:

That's a good point!

Any track pad will ruin your wheels.

My PF97s left my wheels in a complete state.

_DSC2956.jpg

Ph1 T
Think I'm going to give the 3000's a try not overly fussed about damaging wheels I'll try and keep on top of it so it doesn't get too bad, bring on Germany :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Pagid blues for me. Used them for 6 track days now and there is still another 4 left in them. They dont fade and are good from cold. Well worth the money in my opinion.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Pagid black (RS14)-great stopping power & don't make a mess of your wheels/sills.

Total overkill if just for on the road mind.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Pagid blues are my favourite pads for a clio at the moment, they really do stop my turbo one very well indeed, although I really like the DS2500 as well which is what we run on my mrs daily driver rs2'd 172.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol

Maybe a stupid question but will I need to run them In take it steady for a few miles?

Running in is more a case of deliberately getting them hot a few times mate rather than driving them steady. They should come with instructions, if not ask the company you bought them from.

Ph1 T
Running in is more a case of deliberately getting them hot a few times mate rather than driving them steady. They should come with instructions, if not ask the company you bought them from.

Ah right sound will do that then and have a read on the instructions see what they say,,,

Cheers bud

Bring on Germany? Are you buying track pads for a few tourist laps of the 'ring, or are you actually going to do some proper tack action?

Ah, cool. I'm glad your not oe of many that spend hundreds before going there, only to realise you don't need it. When are you going, dude?

Ph1 T
Lol no pal,, 20th July can't wait now not just for the track the experience aswell over there you been before?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah, cool. I'm glad your not oe of many that spend hundreds before going there, only to realise you don't need it. When are you going, dude?

TBH, brakes are probably the one thing that you kind of do need on a first visit, cause invariably due to the lack of visibility and changing cambers etc, you end up massively overbraking for the first few laps.

But overall the only thing required to make your car quicker round the ring above all else, is practice, lol

I see what you mean, Chip. But going fast is the last thing you should be doing on your first visit. Finding where the track goes is your best bet. just my opinion, though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I see what you mean, Chip. But going fast is the last thing you should be doing on your first visit. Finding where the track goes is your best bet. just my opinion, though.

I agree 100% mate, having had a crash there 7 years ago myself. armco bill of 6K euros and its more expensive now than it was then!

Drive it like a b road you know there are no police down, not like a racetrack, thats my advice to anyone.

But that said its very satisfying getting quicker and quicker, just take your time and dont go balls out right away like I did with my first few visits!

Ph1 T
I won't be going balls out last thing I want is to smash the car up and have no car and a massive bill just gonna have fun :)

Had new yellow stuff pads on the car when I bought it but I think there rubbish

Ph1 T
Yellows do take some warming up though, dude. I have them on my Rallye. Love them.

Ah right I've not used them on track or really give them some abuse so they might be good oh well got the ds3000 now

Ill be taking the yellows with me to the ring just incase anyway

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You'll love the 3000 at the ring, but you will want to swap them back when you get home if you use your car as a daily, lol

I think you'll have the same issue with the DS3000, as they are more of a dedicated track pad. The DS2500 is a fast road/track pad. I had them on the 182 and they were great. Took abuse all day long. Bit late now I suppose.

Ph1 T
Yeah think I'll just chuck the yellow stuff back in once I get back I liked the 2500 but wanted to see what the 3000 were like on track,

LY 172
as was mentioned a few posts back i found running Normal pads on the Nurburgring (even on my first lap not pushing) were fucked by the end and had to switch to my mintex pads.

10 minutes of spirited driving gets your brakes pretty dam hot.

RS2'd Trophy
No comparison. the Pagid RS4-2 blue pads are incredible in all temperatures, never had them fade yet!

Ph1 T
Reckon it's a case of trial and error seems to be a few options I'll give feedback on the 3000's next week