ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best wax ???

i have p21s at the mo and it is running out so will need some new stuff,

p21s is £21 iirc so was looking at xxx chem guys, poorboys natty all around 15 ish,
is there any more and what are you opions on them compaired to p21s

cheers dave

106 GTi
XXX lasted no longer than Nattys or P21s for me (it is the same product IMO as Poorboys Nattys anyway) neither are any more Durable than P21s here for me, never got more than a month or so out of any of them.

P21s on Blue is hard to beat. I waxed a Monaco Blue 172 the other day with Zymol Titanium (£70) quid and then topped it staright away with P21s as it looks better.

If your using a good sealant I would stick with the P21s on the your 182 and top it up once every 3 or 4 weeks just for looks. Looking for a durable wax you cant go wrong with Megs 16 as Alan suggest, not in the same league on or off as P21s though or as nice looking.

To get better results than P21s IMO you need to take a big jump in price almost double and look into things like Swissvax Onyx.

CG 50/50 is an option it is a little more money but gets Pinnacle Souveran and Onyx type results for less money, not done any durability tests of my own.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i can vouch for 50/50 used it and its brilliant, durability i will have to see what its like in next few months

cheers guys will have a look at the 50/50, is it better than p21s,

rich will you pc my car again this year, just hope it not as hot again lol.

106 GTi
Looks wise 50/50 vs P21s you may see a little difference.

The 50/50 was comparable to Pinnacle Souveran in looks on Black when I did some panels half and half with each, and the Souveran has always had the edge slightly in the looks over P21s. Most of the look of these waxes is all in the prep with on slight variations in the flesh.

No worries on that one Dave - yeah no heat wave would be good!

this is a good question which one would be best for renualt nautical blue... sorry to ask but this may benifit some of nautcial blue owners lol

i will only be applying this by hand as i dont have a PC

106 GTi
this is a good question which one would be best for renualt nautical blue... sorry to ask but this may benifit some of nautcial blue owners lol

i will only be applying this by hand as i dont have a PC

No advantage of applying paste waxes by machine anyway so hand application is ideal.

Yeap P21s is awesome on Blues.

Cooper S JCW
I used Zymol Carbon wax at the weekend and it gave a brilliant finish on my Arctic Blue. I washed/rinsed/clayed/washed/SRP/EGP/ then started to wax but only got the bonnet done before the heavens opened but the results are very good but it isn't cheap!

Clio 172 Mk2
I'm still raving about collinite wax, i'm still to find something that looks better on my cup that lasts as long. Gives a fantastic shine and is so easy on and off. Am gonna get some pics of the finish up soon!

Cooper S JCW
Rich - Easiest on/off wax I've ever used - need to do the whole car next weekend to get the full effect though!

106 GTi
Rich - Easiest on/off wax I've ever used - need to do the whole car next weekend to get the full effect though!

Looking forward to seeing some of the results on the whole car then.

I like the look it gives, I still don't find it as easy on or off as some products though (it is by no means hard to use but other products are even easier).

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
i can vouch for 50/50 used it and its brilliant, durability i will have to see what its like in next few months

I can aswell. EGP topped with 50/50 gives good results and the durability seems to be quite good. Went a month without any washing in jan and with a quick wash it came up nicely.

106 GTi
The EGP is good for 2-3 months so would be hard to tell what was still protecting your paint as the 50/50 may have worn off.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I did think that it may have more to do with the EGP. I'll see how well 50/50 lasts without EGP when I get the car back. It was done 2 weeks ago and just went into the bodyshop so we'll see how it lasts without EGP.

my egp session over xmas produced superb results, its been around two months and it is still easy to wash, im going to give it a proper going over again this wknd again, megs80 by PC then srp, egp and more p21s.

jamie

mini cooper (RIP 172)
has any one tryed Collinite Carnauba Wax #915?

i,m trying to get some p21s but cant get hold of any, unless i pay silly £££

Golf R32
Thats alright, pretty good store and i've been using them for a while.

Had fun looking at the Zymol range, check out the Royale wax if you want a choker, as its on there for £7118.00

However looked on the Zymol website and its $7118.00

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Thats alright, pretty good store and i've been using them for a while.

Had fun looking at the Zymol range, check out the Royale wax if you want a choker, as its on there for £7118.00

However looked on the Zymol website and its $7118.00

wow thats more then my car's worth!

Cooper S JCW
Zymol Carbon wax
182006.gif

Mito Sportiva 135
I think for the money 50/50 is very hard to beat. Even the XXX wax still has excellent results, I just found it didn't last that long. I did want to eat it though.

106 GTi
Very true costs wise 50/50 is right up there.

When I did some half and half split panels side by side with 50/50 and the Zymol Carbon the 50/50 looked better.

XXX is Poorboys Nattys as far as I kind tell, was not that impressed with.

Mito Sportiva 135
Very true costs wise 50/50 is right up there.

When I did some half and half split panels side by side with 50/50 and the Zymol Carbon the 50/50 looked better.

XXX is Poorboys Nattys as far as I kind tell, was not that impressed with.

I thought the XXX looked pretty good, but not quite the depth, gloss or clarity of say 50/50. I would recommend 50/50 as it provides the best results for the money.

106 GTi
XXX/Nattys/Nattys Blue all give a really good gloss and wet look but lack depth of other Carnubas.

Each time I have used them the lack of depth meant I always ended up topping it with another wax.