ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way to fix/secure a number plate?

ive got halfords heavy duty velcro holding my number plates..

was just wondering if i was to get a private plate how hard this stuff aswell as sticky pads is to get off?

does it take hours to completely remove? considering ive had them on a year..

also what if i got a show plate and wanted to swap over temporarily?

what wopuld be best way to secure the number plate if you had to keep changing them?

thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think you have the best way. I used to drill holes and screw them in but you end up with holes all over your car.

Stick with Velcro.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Sticky pads are more permanent than velcro.. I personally wouldn't use velcro as it makes the plates stupidly easy to nick :p

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
You attach number places with velcro?

Gees, here we have to use one-way screws. Screws you can tighten, but can't unscrew. If you don't the buggers steal your numberplates so they can put them on their car, go buy petrol and drive out without paying, and not be able to be traced from the CCTV footage. I would have thought with you guys paying twice as much for petrol as us you'd have a lot bigger problem with that.

You attach number places with velcro?

Gees, here we have to use one-way screws. Screws you can tighten, but can't unscrew. If you don't the buggers steal your numberplates so they can put them on their car, go buy petrol and drive out without paying, and not be able to be traced from the CCTV footage. I would have thought with you guys paying twice as much for petrol as us you'd have a lot bigger problem with that.

Sounds a nice area your in