ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to loose cup weight

Actually my maths is wrong. Very slightly.LOL but it wouldnt be 5 secs thats for sure.

But it does make sense that if a sport is 7.1 and you make it the same weight as a cup in theory you should have the same 0-60 time provided everything else is the same tyres etc.

Listerine & Poledo
I found that the engine was really heavy in the 172, so I got rid of that and now do 6-sec 1/2-miles

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well no if my maths is correct it would be 6.1 seconds wouldn't it. Which isn't that absurd actually. Provided theres traction.
Evo tested a 172 of some sort (might be ph1?) At 6.5 iirc.

It's all pub talk and let's face it, absolutely pointless.

Time and money would be better spent getting tuition on track than losing things.

I only took rear seats out of mine as it meant a better load space for wheels to track days (it's not my daily) and I have non slidy recaros so you can't get in the back anyway :cool:

Is it lighter ? Yes. Obviously.

Has it made any difference ? Yes. It's noiser than before.

Is it faster ? Yes. Physics says so.

Have I noticed any difference in performance after swapping to lighter front seats, no rear seats, no spare and no kit ? No.

Thats interesting you say that and im shocked that you dont feel the difference!

I did some maths and with 180kg taken out that would give a 172 a power to weight of 178bhp per tonne

(I said it was 166bhp by the way)

Im not saying I did it to go faster. I actually did it because on track im basically on standard brakes and suspension and thus removing weight is going to help in that respect. Anyone can do with tuition but when I was getting past much better spec cars all evening at a track I didnt know, in soaking wet conditions I can't be doing too bad :D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
180kg ?!? That'll make a huge difference.

Taking <50kg out of a standard car like I did is less than 5%. Atmospheric conditions and height above sea level will make more difference than that.

Atmospherics and height above sea level do not affect mass though. If you go round a corner or brake hard with even 50kg less weight thats quite a difference imo. Especially on a track over many laps.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Ah good to see your still posting utter shite Joe, The other forum you got banned from hasn't been the same without the utter pish and offensive stuff you used to post.

Thanks for brightening my morning.

Either way its all pretty insignificant in the grand scheme but I dont think I would make my car louder and less comfy if I didnt feel like it did anything by stripping it.