ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to waste 40k

53 Clio's & counting
A Golf R convertable.

Got this in for PDI, don't get me wrong it's a lovely car, but so so sooooo overpriced

20130503_162011_zpsb6c70903.jpg

20130503_162020_zps8bee77e1.jpg

20130503_162112_zps5d9caadd.jpg

20130503_162029_zpsb78502d7.jpg

20130503_162052_zpsea826fab.jpg

20130503_162257_zps573e5ea6.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
I'm guessing it will be one a PCP type deal?

Na, the area I live in is full of people with money to waste - we had a mother and daughter in about 5 years ago and we had a baby blue beetle convertable in the showroom, and the convo went:

mum, I really wan that beetle - no, you can't I have just bought you a Golf. But mum please! No, you have the golf. But mum I REALLY want it! Oh ok come on then.

And she bought it there and then. 22k.

I don't care about the money. That's just a seriously s**t looking car. A Rolf R with a tent for a roof. No ta.

EDIT: I thought they were 4WD? I don't see a drive shaft?

53 Clio's & counting
I actually like the roof - it is very high quality and is a perfect fit, though I still think it's 10k too expensive.

Edit for Roy, the convertable is FWD only, the normal one is 4WD

Ad

MK2 FRS
for what it is, it looks great.

But £40k... the depreciation on that is surely going to be scary!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mental. Someone will actually buy that too. :( way overpriced like you say

53 Clio's & counting
The convertable shell couldn't acommodate the 4wd system and still retain the rear passenger space, boot space and weight/mpg figures VW wanted mate, plus the production costs of modifying the shell would have stuck the price up even more

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I remember reading about this a while back and just shook my head.

People do buy them though. Same people who buy cars like the RS5.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
£40k for a front wheel drive, flaccid, gay hot hatch? Lol no thanks

Na, the area I live in is full of people with money to waste - we had a mother and daughter in about 5 years ago and we had a baby blue beetle convertable in the showroom, and the convo went:

mum, I really wan that beetle - no, you can't I have just bought you a Golf. But mum please! No, you have the golf. But mum I REALLY want it! Oh ok come on then.

And she bought it there and then. 22k.

I dont want to live on this planet anymore

Snotter's
Mad money but someone will buy it. You would be surprised how many overpriced cars in funny colours sell well. Stick them in a flash showroom and people will buy.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I think they look lovely. Just not 40k lovely or anywhere near that figure tbh.

wjb

Clio 1.4 16v
40k is clearly way too much, but then some would say 20k is too much for a clio/megane/focus etc

There is not one golf on the market that is good value really, you're just paying for the badge at the end of the day, and the badge isn't even that good.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Na, the area I live in is full of people with money to waste - we had a mother and daughter in about 5 years ago and we had a baby blue beetle convertable in the showroom, and the convo went: mum, I really wan that beetle - no, you can't I have just bought you a Golf. But mum please! No, you have the golf. But mum I REALLY want it! Oh ok come on then. And she bought it there and then. 22k.

^^^ - doesn't that just sum up the purchasing decision for this Golf buyer too?

Stick a Dacia badge on the boot. After they say "WhoTF is that?" while pointing at the logo, next they will simply laugh at you when saying that it costs £20k. Double it and add a VW sticker and the world is alright again.

At times like these, ROFL is elevated to a whole new meaning.

​D.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
40k is ridiculous money but so are some peoples comments on here. AFAIK an Audi A5 convertible is much slower, an S5 starts at 46k. Caterham R500, very practical to use everyday isn't it? What other performance convertibles are there for 40k brand new?

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I genuinely can't get my head around £40,000. FOR A GOLF.

All I can think looking at the price tag is I can buy a 3/4 year old GTR for that.

I know the running costs are more and blah blah before anyone starts.