ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best winter screenwash?

1998 BMW e46 323i
Morrison's stuff neat still freezes! Jets worked fine the other day, eventually, but the screenwash froze on the windscreen.

Clio III Face Lift
I have halfords lemon screen wash, but i have been using some landrover screen was i found in my shed, no idea how it got there but there was two full bottles. No one owns a land rover in ths house. anyways it has been freezing all the time over this past week. will put more in tomorrow a bit neater.

Titanium Clio 182
tescto have some concentrated stuff which works down to -9 but that will still freeze in this weather!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've always had problems with screenwash freezing. Its bugged the hell out of me.

BUT!! The wife bougt 10 litres of cheap stuff from sainsburys petrol station and I just filled it up with that neat and its been perfect since. Was £4.99 for a big 5l tub so she bought two.

I've tried halfords neat screen wash the pink stuff, used it neat with a bit of water, havent tried it in the very cold weather, but overspray on the paint dried like a crystal and was hard to wash off... i.e. saw some dark likes where the water had been, polished out easy but i still stopped using it...

Car plan blue s**t it what i use 50:50, still frozen when i get in the car... but the engine warms it up, its usually the hoses and sprayers frozen in mine not the bottle...

Brand new washer pump has helped as well