ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Better brakes

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Do better brakes reduce the premium at all?
a lot of upgrade brakes aren't road legal (not type approved) so the best you can hope for is the premium not going up. on a modified policy with power upgrades, you may be expected to improve the brakes

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
a lot of upgrade brakes aren't road legal (not type approved) so the best you can hope for is the premium not going up. on a modified policy with power upgrades, you may be expected to improve the brakes

I don't understand how brakes cannot be road legal, surely any brakes better than stock ones would be an improvement.

MR2 Mk1.5
I don't understand how brakes cannot be road legal, surely any brakes better than stock ones would be an improvement.

What about the cheap, dangerous Chinese copies being banded around on ebay?

In answer to the original question, insurers will not reduce your premium for a brake upgrade, some may increase your premium, the sensible (modification friendly) insurers would not charge an additional premium.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html