ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

better looking 197 or 200???

What's better looking?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up...

please-do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

Do-not-feed-the-troll.png
Do-not-feed-the-troll.png

BMW335M/Clio200/182
You really dont have a clue what you are talking about. Yes, of cause the R27 is more desirable in the second hand market, it was a limited edition and came with a better base spec. HOWEVER the 197 cup interior is not as bad as you are trying to make out. The only thing that is different to the standard 197 is the dash, which is still nicer than the 1*2 dash!

oh and the note of spec, what is my cup missing that makes it such a poor specification??

182?! You probably slated the 197 then.

It must hurt when you open the door handle knowing it could have been different

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not "visually stunning"

images

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoC5QKEFK1QVehBbc5J_lJUD1iDc-dKSiPVlEDnCbpgbNWzhtY.jpg

(no stickers)

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo
haha got to love FF snobs!

Lets keep in on topic please guys and as already said stop feeding the troll.

soon to be 182 ;)
the stickers make the car, thats the exact car i would have if i had the money, better start saving :[

LY 200
Who is this dickhead? 'LMAO' :rolleyes:

No Clio is visually stunning letalone the one complete with stickers.

LY 200
LY, RB, AG and GW 200's all look better than the 197's.

They certainly need Black Speedlines though (to go with the black theme on the front and mirrors) which 197's dont.

LY, RB, AG and GW 200's all look better than the 197's.

They certainly need Black Speedlines though (to go with the black theme on the front and mirrors) which 197's dont.

Aye...especially if you haven't been to specsavers ;)

GTD, Lupo
Not at all.

Lets face it as soon as the 200 becomes more affordable everyone on here will love them.

+1

I have noticed a few early poster in the thread have since been asking question on the 200 deals thread. Why buy an ugly car? When you can buy a cheaper more visually STUNNING hah car. ;)

To be honest, if you love the RS Clio range, then obviously you are going to upgrade to the newer car over time...hence some people starting to look at the 200. However...hypothetically speaking, suppose the 197 / 200 were released at the same time and you had the choice of design...which would you choose? For me, it is pretty clear which would be the winner...197 all the way (with the 200s rear defuser fitted as an optional extra - 'cause thats the way Renault like to do things ;) )

+1

I have noticed a few early poster in the thread have since been asking question on the 200 deals thread. Why buy an ugly car? When you can buy a cheaper more visually STUNNING hah car. ;)

I think the 200 is fugly, but I have made enquiries into buying one as the 197cup is just over 2 years old now and I was going to get a new car that suited my requirements better now eg. 200 no cup packs. However, I've changed my mind and am going to sell the 197 outright and just run a nice cheap comfortable cruiser in the shape of my E34 BMW instead.

260% JCW
To be honest, if you love the RS Clio range, then obviously you are going to upgrade to the newer car over time...hence some people starting to look at the 200. However...hypothetically speaking, suppose the 197 / 200 were released at the same time and you had the choice of design...which would you choose? For me, it is pretty clear which would be the winner...197 all the way (with the 200s rear defuser fitted as an optional extra - 'cause thats the way Renault like to do things ;) )

Dont think so mate, id rather wait until they sort the looks out.

260% JCW
It's a Clio and a crap spec one. Even Citreon can do better with their interior so stop trying to justify it to yourself.

The R27 is is much more desirable in the 2nd hand market. Few people have deleted the decals, simply because they look stunning.

The stickers look stunning if your blind, that LY 197 looks great it does'nt need tacky stickers on it for us to know how successful Renault are.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
The stickers look stunning if your blind, that LY 197 looks great it does'nt need tacky stickers on it for us to know how successful Renault are.

Few people deleted R27 stickers. You havnt owned one have you?

A shite argument.

Lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.