ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 and TG V6 Cleaning Fun

Clio V6
Our new neighbours moved in the other week, as well as being cool people they also own a BG 182. We instantly hit it off as they love the Vee so I offered to give theirs a clean tonight seeing as the weather was so nice in sunny Devon. Only iPhone pics but here goes...

Post clean mingingness (loads of daily winter use wear and tear):

IMG_2226_zps0402595c.jpg

Yummy snow foam:

IMG_2227_zpsd55ac2b4.jpg

Ectogism:

IMG_2230_zpsc0cfada7.jpg

Bilberry:

IMG_2231_zps91cd92ea.jpg

Foamage:

IMG_2234_zpsc6ebe453.jpg

Results:

IMG_2242_zps2ae4b79d.jpg

IMG_2239_zps92fe1373.jpg

IMG_2237_zps930fb2ef.jpg

The neighbours were really happy, however, couldn't shift the winter salt from the rear arches. Any advice on what to use?

IMG_2236_zps312b1167.jpg

The Vee came out for some fresh air and a clean as well :)

IMG_2222_zps3d521228.jpg

IMG_2221_zps153d96de.jpg

IMG_2220_zps8d7e7f7d.jpg

​I love mid-summer evenings me :)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Haha what a nice neighbour you are ;)

Looks tidy
As for the arches, some form of degreaser/ de tar/ ironx would probably do the trick. Im sure someone else will be along to correct me!

+1 on the Vee looks awesome - should bring it to one of the meets in Exeter :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Love your Vee, id like one but it would have to be a PH2.

Last edited:
  Clio V6
In return they gave me a load of paving slabs so we were both happy :)

I thought IronX would get a mention.

Happy to turn up at a meet sometime.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Feel free, thread in the SW section. Next one is Friday 14th June, 8:30 at the barn owl ;)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Oh and I got rid of those marks around my rear arches by polishing them out with a DA. Not sure if that's the right way of doing it but it worked lol

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Any houses for sale in your street ;)
Is there a build thread for the V, looks a beaut!

Clio V6
Any houses for sale in your street ;)
Is there a build thread for the V, looks a beaut!

All houses sold LOL :)

There's about 10 threads about the car on V6clio.net plus there's the one I did on Cliosport here.

Here's some additional information on the car though:

The car was recorded as Cat D in 2007 following a front end accident. The impact was fairly minor and would have been economically repairable on most cars. However, and as many of you know, the bespoke nature / cost of parts for these cars meant it was instantly considered to be beyond economical repair.

Anyway, step forward a now honorary member of V6clio.net, who purchased the car and then spent 3 years undertaking the most incredible of projects to not only meet, but exceed, the procedures laid down for insurance approved repair methods by the Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre (MIRRC). This basically means that the car is now in perfect structural condition and has been repaired to a standard that reinstates its full market value.

The work carried out included:

Sill section, OS Sill Cover, Spot light cover, OS rear scoop, OS mirror, OS mirror cover, Inner arch liners, Front subframe, Front bumper assembly and jig work and sill fitting, NS Sill cover, Front Bumper, Bumper lower grill, Bonnet, Headlights, OS Door, OS Door skin, Sport Grill, Alarm Switch, Renault front badge, Front Disc, Air Con Radiator, Number plates, Spot lights, Front bumper under tray, Front sub frame, Front wishbone NS and OS, OSF Hub, OS inner sill trim, Engine end power, steering pipe, Front wheel, Various Clips and fittings, Gearbox casing and fitting + oil, ABS pump, Door lock drivers side, Door trim, Door Handle, Horn, New key and programming, Re-spray in D61 Technical Grey, General bits and bobs.

Additionally the following service items were carried out:

Cam Belt and Aux belt change, Oil Filter, Fuel filter, Brake fluid change DOT 5.1, Silkolene Oil, MTL Gear box Oil, Slave Cylinder, Plugs NGK, Rear wiper, Red Stuff front pads and retaining pins, Red Stuff rear pads, Pollen Filter, 4 new tyres Toyo Proxes TR1

And finally the following upgrades:

Honda Accord Recaro Seats, Clio 197 steering wheel, Renaultsport floor mats, Sony iPod stereo, Polished Plenum, Alcantra Headlining, Cat’s removed on rear collector box, clear engine cover, new aerial gasket, New Windscreen (replaced due to stone chips).

During the repair, the owner also took the extremely shrewd move to re-spray the entire car (both inside and out) in paint code D61, Gris Technique. This was a special order colour that had previously only be applied to a single other Clio V6 located somewhere in Europe. The colour is absolutely stunning and a real head turner. For information, the car was originally finished in Titanium Silver with the side air intakes still in this colour.

The total amount of money lavished on the car is about £15k, this doesn’t even include 350 hours or so of labour time during the repair. This obviously justifies the original Cat D status as the full cost of the project would have been over £30k if the labour was charged!

Clio 200 Cup
Christ on a bike, that's a lot of repair work - a definitie labour of love. The results are, as many others have pointed out and will continue to do so, stunning. Fabulous work and a fabulous result. Well done!